+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Pens in six so they get the cup on their own ice.
    I don't dislike the Wings, I don't have strong feelings one way or the other really, I'd just like to see the Pens take it.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-04-2009 at 10:09 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well, considering they'd only have to win the next three for the win...

But it ain't gonna happen, no matter how much the refs tried on their behalf on Tuesday. Heh.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

they only need 2 now, same as the Wings!.... it could happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3484052;
    Well, considering they'd only have to win the next three for the win...

But it ain't gonna happen, no matter how much the refs tried on their behalf on Tuesday. Heh.
    They only need two now, and it's anybody's series.

Pens in 6!
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I know, I was going nuts after the game last night. The Pens do have some fight in them. Go Pens!
    Wake up and be awesome

What... no comment after Saturday night's game? No comments about the disgusting slash on Datsyuk's ankles? No comments about Malkin's leading with the elbow to the eye followed up by a stick to the neck on Franzen? Desperation ain't pretty on the ice.

I've been very happy that the refs, for the most part, have been letting these guys play hockey. Things have been pretty even across the board when it comes to penalties called and not called. It's been a pretty fun series to watch.

But Saturday was pathetic. Saturday pointed out the clear difference between the Red Wings and the Penguins: maturity. The Wings don't lose all sense of composure when they get outplayed. Let's hope things are different tomorrow night.

My friend & I were dicussing just that on the phone earlier today. The "youth" that analysts were saying was going to give the Pens the edge they need to put the Wings away, didn't have the maturity to regroup and refocus. They fell apart for sure!

Was it Talbot that slashed Datsyuk? :nono That slash he made on whoever it was as he was going to the penalty box (for slashing even!) was pretty pathetic. It epitomized the desparation the Pens felt. You just can't lose your shtuff out there like that. I was impressed with Talbot's leadership up to this game

Malkin was just playing hard. He didn't mean to take a penalty but he did, that's all. Kronwall plays the same way with less regard for his victims. Kronwall is a force to be reckoned with out there for sure.

I agree about the officiating too. But IMO as long as Brad Watson is out of the ref pool, the rest do a pretty good job.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3488710;
    What... no comment after Saturday night's game? No comments about the disgusting slash on Datsyuk's ankles? No comments about Malkin's leading with the elbow to the eye followed up by a stick to the neck on Franzen? Desperation ain't pretty on the ice.

I've been very happy that the refs, for the most part, have been letting these guys play hockey. Things have been pretty even across the board when it comes to penalties called and not called. It's been a pretty fun series to watch.

But Saturday was pathetic. Saturday pointed out the clear difference between the Red Wings and the Penguins: maturity. The Wings don't lose all sense of composure when they get outplayed. Let's hope things are different tomorrow night.
    I didn't comment because I didn't watch the game.

I listened to it in my backyard because I had a cookout.

Sounds as if the Pens definitely fell apart though.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13;3488998;
    My friend & I were dicussing just that on the phone earlier today. The "youth" that analysts were saying was going to give the Pens the edge they need to put the Wings away, didn't have the maturity to regroup and refocus. They fell apart for sure!

Was it Talbot that slashed Datsyuk? :nono That slash he made on whoever it was as he was going to the penalty box (for slashing even!) was pretty pathetic. It epitomized the desparation the Pens felt. You just can't lose your shtuff out there like that. I was impressed with Talbot's leadership up to this game

Malkin was just playing hard. He didn't mean to take a penalty but he did, that's all. Kronwall plays the same way with less regard for his victims. Kronwall is a force to be reckoned with out there for sure.

I agree about the officiating too. But IMO as long as Brad Watson is out of the ref pool, the rest do a pretty good job.
    Yup, that was Talbot. We knew that as soon as Datsyuk came back someone would go after his foot to injure him again... but I was shocked, too, that it was him.

Kronwall is a mean SOB. Not going to defend him at all... but to say that "Malkin was just playing hard????" Uh.. no. He definitely meant to take a penalty on the elbow and stick (unless he truly expected to not get caught.) He was called out for his unemotional play last year and is going out of his way this year to up his status this year. It's probably one of the reasons that he's one of the most penalized in this series.. or it definitely seems that way. I'd have to go pull the stats.

Ashley... just wanted to open up some discussion. My sister's from Pittsburgh and she just sat there in shock, embarrassed, of all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3489509;
    Yup, that was Talbot. We knew that as soon as Datsyuk came back someone would go after his foot to injure him again... but I was shocked, too, that it was him.
    I find it irritating how the clubs release statements about "upper body injuries" for example, but you can understand why they don't and now no longer are, required to provide specifics when opponents go straight for the injured area.
    It really does show such a lack of respect for a fellow professional, imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread