+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

I just can't get into this year's final. But I hope the Pens take it. Not looking great right now, but we'll see.

FORT Fogey

I don't want either team to win. Well, I don't like Crybaby Crosby so I don't want HIM to win the cup. BUT I DO like Dan Bylsma and Chris Kunitz and would like to see them win it.

I do NOT like ANY of the dRed Wings so I don't want them to win the Cup.

BUT I don't want MY team to have been knocked out by a losing team, so IF the Wings do win then that would be the ONLY reason that it would be okay.
    Makes sense?

Just stopping in to show a little Redwings love - which appears to be in short supply on most boards these days.

I can't believe the Pens lost game 2 last night. They really seemed to play with a lot more hunger than they did the first game. I thought they out-worked Detroit.

Anyone think Ozzy is WAY more cocky than he has ever been before (in his interviews)? I guess he is tired of people doubting him and has adopted a more "I'm the man" attitude. Getting him pulled one game would do a lot to ground him again

I'll be happy if I can see a 7 game series so, go Pens!

I really wanted the Pens to win in 6 so they could get the cup at their own rink.
    I can't see them winning four in a row though.

There are some great stories in sport and every year when the team I want to win invariably doesn't there's usually a good story about the coach, one of the players or someone connected to the winning team that makes them winning a little more palatable for me.
    Even as I seethed seeing Pronger with his dirty mitts on the cup I couldn't help but think how great the win was for the Neidermayer family, for example.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The Pens might go down in 4, they aren't getting any bounces and the only 2 guys that got them to where they are haven't shown up yet....calling Crosby and Malkin.
    Let's hope they can at least win 1 on home ice. Osgood is shutting up his critics like he does every play-off run. Fleury is playing good but not good enough.

Pens win, played great. probably gonna get bounced in 5 though

To the Point

I was really pleased to see the Pens win. Hope that can pull one more, at least.

Yeah it would be great to see them even it up! Still hoping for 7 games.... can you believe NBC would rather show that train wreck of a show "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here..." than the Stanley Cup Finals??

I think that is stupid but it's not really a huge issue with me though, I would rather watch the games on Versus so my local weatherman doesn't keep breaking in. And I don't have to look at the stupid radar map in the corner of the screen for the whole game!! Still, I know that it would be much better for the game I love if it was watchable on network TV.

Quote Originally Posted by holiday;3480841;
    Pens win, played great. probably gonna get bounced in 5 though
    I hope they even it up tonight. In fact, I hope they win the next 4. GO PENS!
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread