+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

As an avid self-proclaimed Red Wings hater, I was thrilled with last night's outcome. That was one nice pass from Pahlsson to Sharp for the win! Go Hawks!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Ouch, the poor young Hawks learned a leason last night, if the Wings smell blood they attack and don't let up. I hate to say it but I think this one is over.
    As for the Pens, I can't believe the Canes are playing soo poorly, the Bruins would have been a much better match up but oh well.

Great job by the Red Wings yesterday considering they were missing some of their key players. Looks like we may be in for another Wings/Pens series.

{Thread hijack} Congratulations to my hometown hockey heroes, the Ontario Hockey League Champion "Windsor Spitfires" for winning the Memorial Cup yesterday! Great job boys! {End of hijack}

Is anybody else tired of the NHL putting the muzzle on its players and coaches when it comes to ripping into bad officiating?

I am.

I have never agreed with coaches getting fined, as Joel Quennville was today, when they have not so nice things to say about the officiating. I have no opinion on the current incident in question one way or the other, but refs aren't perfect, they make bad calls. Sometimes those calls have a serious influence on the game. And they can't be publicly called on it why? Is Bettman afraid of letting their feelings be hurt? They hand out lighter punishment for elbowing and concussing somebody in the head for petes sake. Nobody's life is permanently affected by a few words.

Honestly, what a complete and utter joke.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl;3467938;
    Great job by the Red Wings yesterday considering they were missing some of their key players. Looks like we may be in for another Wings/Pens series.

{Thread hijack} Congratulations to my hometown hockey heroes, the Ontario Hockey League Champion "Windsor Spitfires" for winning the Memorial Cup yesterday! Great job boys! {End of hijack}
    Congrats to the Spitfire. They do have a good coach.
    We were cheering for the Rockets. My sons friend is the goalie that was put in at the start of the second period. We were SO hoping that his team would pull it off!!
    LOVE Jr HOCKEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3468776;
    We were cheering for the Rockets. My sons friend is the goalie that was put in at the start of the second period. We were SO hoping that his team would pull it off!!
    LOVE Jr HOCKEY!!
    Adam Brown did a great job... even though I was rooting for the Spits, my heart went out to Guggenberger, that poor kid. To have such a great season end that way.

I agree - Jr Hockey is exciting to watch!

NHL note: Looks like the Pens pulled it off... here's hoping the Wings win tomorrow night!

To the Point

Congrats to the Pens! They peaked at the right time, and the Canes just couldn't contain them! Still proud of the run the Canes made.

Now, GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3470549;
    Congrats to the Pens! They peaked at the right time, and the Canes just couldn't contain them! Still proud of the run the Canes made.

Now, GO PENS!
    I'd like to add my congratulations to the Pens as well, and also to the Canes who showed a lot of heart and determination to get as far as they, when nobody expected much from them.

Now the Pens have to win 4 more! Go Pens!
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I was very surprised that the Pens were able to dispatch the Canes relatively easily.
    I always say you keep playing the Canes until at least a minute beyond the final whistle if you want to win.

They really did have a great second half of the season though.
    I'm pleased for Maurice because I don't think he was treated well in Toronto. He was on a hiding to nothing there.

I would love to see a Hawks/Pens SCF but think we'll get a repeat of last season.
    I'd love for the result to be different though.

Forgot to add, I was very happy to see the Oilers appoint Quinn as head coach and Tom Renney as associate coach.
    I don't know whether that's a winning combination, but I think it's a good call by Tambellini.
    Last edited by fluff; 05-27-2009 at 05:17 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

To the Point

Everyone I've talked to who were at the games here said that the Pens were just REALLY on, and the Cane not so much. I have lots of friends who are season ticket holders and they all said that even though it really stunk to watch the Canes lose, the Pens were really playing amazingly well. Let's just hope that carrys over!

+ Reply to Thread