+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 264

Thread: Hockey 2008 - 2009

  1. #191
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,375

    Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3454943;
    And no, the Pens should not come out the winners, but if they do, I hope they go on to win it all!

    Go Canes!
    To clarify, I meant if it was a Pens / Wings re-match.

    I'll second the Go Canes!
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

  2. #192
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

    I'm obviously cheering for the Pens.

    I saw this pic on the ESPN of two of the Staal's and thought it was pretty cool.



    I wonder if the parents are cheering for Jordan because Eric's already won the trophy.
    I can't imagine what I'd do if two of my sons faced each other in this type of sporting arena, other than be fiercely proud of them both of course.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  3. #193
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Reality
    Posts
    2,365

    Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3455665;
    I'm obviously cheering for the Pens.

    I saw this pic on the ESPN of two of the Staal's and thought it was pretty cool.



    I wonder if the parents are cheering for Jordan because Eric's already won the trophy.
    I can't imagine what I'd do if two of my sons faced each other in this type of sporting arena, other than be fiercely proud of them both of course.
    Same thing happened a few years back when the Niedermayer brothers were facing off. Mom Niedermayer said that she was rooting for Rob since he had not yet won a Cup. She was VERY happy in 2007 when they BOTH won!!

  4. #194
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3455851;
    Same thing happened a few years back when the Niedermayer brothers were facing off. Mom Niedermayer said that she was rooting for Rob since he had not yet won a Cup. She was VERY happy in 2007 when they BOTH won!!
    I would think that would make for ultimate happiness for the parents.
    Didn't Scott once win the SC after beating Rob's team in the final?
    I might be remembering that wrong, I'm still fairly new to hockey.

    Jared is set to be drafted in the next couple of years I think, so the Staal parents will have to hope four sons all play for the same SC winning team.
    They might have to be content with their sons winning it one at a time.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  5. #195
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Reality
    Posts
    2,365

    Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3455896;
    I would think that would make for ultimate happiness for the parents.
    Didn't Scott once win the SC after beating Rob's team in the final?
    I might be remembering that wrong, I'm still fairly new to hockey.

    Jared is set to be drafted in the next couple of years I think, so the Staal parents will have to hope four sons all play for the same SC winning team.
    They might have to be content with their sons winning it one at a time.
    Yes it was back in 2003 when Mike Babcock and his then Mighty Ducks lost in game seven to New Jersey. Scott played for the Devils and it was Robs first year as a Duck.

    I can't imagine having FOUR sons in the NHL. Heck I can't imagine four sons in youth hockey. I know having just one in hockey almost broke us, let alone FOUR! They must be super proud. As they should be!!

  6. #196
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,591

    Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

    Regarding the whole 'which son to cheer for thing'...I think I would find myself very conflicted when they were actually in head to head/one on one situations. Otherwise, I think I would probably cheer for whichever was most directly involved in the action at any given time. It's just hard to fathom the inner conflict that must bring within a parent.

    How incredibly impressive is this NHL family!

  7. #197
    FORT Regular Marty88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    89

    Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

    A little late but here are my round 3 predictions....
    Pens over Canes in 6
    Wings over Hawks in 5

    Pens over Wings in final in 7

    I was only 25% in round 2 so the opposite of this I'm sure will happen

  8. #198
    FORT Fogey brunette trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Marty88;3456947;
    A little late but here are my round 3 predictions....
    Pens over Canes in 6
    Wings over Hawks in 5

    Pens over Wings in final in 7

    I was only 25% in round 2 so the opposite of this I'm sure will happen
    Are you trying to jinx my Pens? You're supposed to pick the other team!!

  9. #199
    Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edmonton
    Age
    41
    Posts
    753

    Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3455896;
    Jared is set to be drafted in the next couple of years I think, so the Staal parents will have to hope four sons all play for the same SC winning team.
    They might have to be content with their sons winning it one at a time.
    Actually Jared was drafted last year (2008) by Phoenix in the 2nd round. He's the only one to go into the Western Conference. I was hoping Edmonton would pick him cause it seems you need a Staal to make into the playoffs.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

    Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

  10. #200
    FORT Fogey smartguy24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,545

    Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

    That pic of the Staal brothers is rather cool.

    Props to Maurice and Blysma for starting them against each other. Intentional I assume. If not, awfully nice coincidence.

    The consensus on Jared is that he's apparently even better than his older brothers. If that's true, can't wait to see him crack the big league roster.

    The Staals have certainly earned their spot alongside other legendary hockey family names like Sutter, Esposito, and Hull.
    Last edited by smartguy24; 05-19-2009 at 11:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.