+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3451557;
    No, I don't have to dislike every other team.
    I find the Canes to be the most blatant. If I watched other teams more often I might think they were at least as bad or even worse culprits, but for me the Canes are consistently the worst I've seen.

I desperately wanted Boston to win the cup this year. I've watched their matches all season on Centre Ice and they're been incredibly entertaining.
    As soon as it went to OT I knew Carolina would win.
    They've got incredible resolve.
    Canes are the least penalized team in the league. If it were that blatant, I would think they would be called on it more. But I do agree with NCLurker, when you're a fan of a team, you're perception is different than a non fan.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3451582;
    Alright... what do you have against my Red Wings?????
    Chris Chelios. (and his idiot brother, Steve).

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3451807;
    Canes are the least penalized team in the league. If it were that blatant, I would think they would be called on it more. But I do agree with NCLurker, when you're a fan of a team, you're perception is different than a non fan.
    The fact that they don't get penalized is the problem.
    I don't care if they dive more than Greg Louganis if they get called for it.
    I've seen too many Canes games where players have gone down like there's a sniper in the crowd picking them off when the opposition has barely grazed them and the opposition gets called for the foul.
    This is my perception of the way they've played, no doubt their fans disagree. I don't really care

I think they look poised to possibly take the cup this year.
    They have the eye of the tiger as it were.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm crushed. To lose in Game 7 in OT absolutely stinks. And of all guys, it just had to be Scott Walker. WHY? If only the Bruins had played better in Games 2-4, then maybe it would not have come down to game 7. Our PP also let us down.

It will be incredibly hard to watch the rest of the playoffs, just thinking how close the Bruins got to the Conference finals. I guess I hope the Hawks win now. I will NOT root for Carolina or Detroit. In the end, I really don't care. It will hurt too much not seeing my team lift the cup in June.

To the Point

Understandable Pineapple!

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3451488;
    Carolina is probably the least "fighting" team out there
    That unfortunate honor without a doubt belongs to Detroit.

Which is probably the main reason I don't want to see them win. Again. Unfortunately the Western alternative isn't much better. The Blackhawks are just so blah.

Though a Pens/Wings rematch would be pretty nifty.

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy24;3452103;
    Though a Pens/Wings rematch would be pretty nifty.
    Only if the Pens come out the winners
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Lot's of Red Wings dislike going on in this thread.
    I suppose I am not surprised. The DJ on the sports talk radio today described the wings franchise as
    the NY Yankees of the NHL - everybody outside of Detroit hates them - especially if they are winning.
    These days in this state, the Red Wings are about the only thing Michigan has to cheer about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana;3454124;
    Lot's of Red Wings dislike going on in this thread.
    I suppose I am not surprised. The DJ on the sports talk radio today described the wings franchise as
    the NY Yankees of the NHL - everybody outside of Detroit hates them - especially if they are winning.
    I used that exact metaphor just the other day in another conversation. Because, exactly.

I'm patiently waiting for the day when everybody on that team expires. They can't stay this good forever.

Only if the Pens come out the winners
    Absolutely.

To the Point

I fully own up to having issues with Detroit mostly because of their history and how much we get to hear about it from pretty much every commentator out there.

And no, the Pens should not come out the winners, but if they do, I hope they go on to win it all!

Go Canes!

+ Reply to Thread