+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Marty88, when you make your predictions for the third round please pick the Pens to lose. It seems to be working for us.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3450065;
    Marty88, when you make your predictions for the third round please pick the Pens to lose. It seems to be working for us.
    LOL, yes it does seem to be working for your Pens. I'll do mine tomorrow after we find out if it's the Bruins or the Canes. Both would be good match ups for the Pens who are playing some pretty good hockey (Can't believe I just wrote something good about the Pens)

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3446506;
    Followed by an exciting overtime loss in game 6.
    Pens took home ice advantage from the Caps, but will now have to win on Washington's ice again.
    They have the players to do it, imo, although I want Washington to win because I cannot get enough Alex Ovechkin.

I'm hoping the Bruins can beat Carolina again tonight. I hope they didn't leave themselves too much to do. Apparently teams have come back from being 3-1 down only 21 times, so it's a tall order.

I really dislike the Canes, intensely and hope if they do make it through either the Pens or the Caps can polish them off in the ECF.

I was sad to see Vancouver knocked out, but the Hawks were flyin' yesterday.
    We watched the whole game, despite having to get up at 4.30am so my husband could catch a flight.
    It was too good a game to duck out of early.

Just curious...why the intense dislike of the canes?

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3450972;
    Just curious...why the intense dislike of the canes?
    I've seen their forwards taking a dive when opposing teams as much as look at them far too many times. Cole and Staal are the worst culprits.
    I give them all the credit in the world for never saying die though.
    If you have the lead on them you need to keep playing right up until the final whistle.

Still, at the least Pronger won't be raising the cup again this year, so that's something.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3451216;
    I've seen their forwards taking a dive when opposing teams as much as look at them far too many times. Cole and Staal are the worst culprits.
    I give them all the credit in the world for never saying die though.
    If you have the lead on them you need to keep playing right up until the final whistle.

Still, at the least Pronger won't be raising the cup again this year, so that's something.
    I don't know about the dives, but if that's why you dislike the Canes, you mist dislike every other team out there. I saw one the other day that was so blatant it was funny, but I just don't remember at the moment who it was.

One of my two favorite teams are going to be playing for the cup (Canes & Penguins). Woo hoo!

I really don't care who wins the cup, as long as it's not Detroit
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

To the Point

Fluff, thanks for answering. However, I must agree with Misty8723 in that all teams do this. Do the Canes do it more than other teams? Can't really answer this as I think being a fan of a team really skews ones perception of things. Carolina is probably the least "fighting" team out there, regardless of the Walker/Ward fiasco, for good or for bad. For the record, I love Aaron Ward. Hated when he was traded.

Quite frankly, if Cole even thinks he's going to get hit, I would prefer he take a dive, but he usually doesn't. Taking hits for him is more dangerous than most after the scare he had the year of the Stanley Cup win.

Go Canes! Just wasn't sure that they would be able to pull it out in Game 7, so glad they did. Now, how much gas do they have left in the tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3451413;
    I don't know about the dives, but if that's why you dislike the Canes, you mist dislike every other team out there. I saw one the other day that was so blatant it was funny, but I just don't remember at the moment who it was.
    No, I don't have to dislike every other team.
    I find the Canes to be the most blatant. If I watched other teams more often I might think they were at least as bad or even worse culprits, but for me the Canes are consistently the worst I've seen.

I desperately wanted Boston to win the cup this year. I've watched their matches all season on Centre Ice and they're been incredibly entertaining.
    As soon as it went to OT I knew Carolina would win.
    They've got incredible resolve.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3451413;
    I really don't care who wins the cup, as long as it's not Detroit
    Alright... what do you have against my Red Wings?????
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3451582;
    Well...they deprived me of my number one hockey viewing pleasure: watching Teemu Selanne, whom I just adore!

Switching to the Canes now...Hyvaa Suomi!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3451582;
    Honestly? the octopus throwing mostly.

Other than that, nothing really, except that I usually like to root for the underdog.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread