+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2008 - 2009

FORT Fogey

Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3424305;
    Okily dokilies, there are any number of teams I can root for in these playoffs. Me, I'm a Bruins homer, but I wouldn't die if the Pens, Ducks, Wings, and so on, won the Cup.

I have to ask myself, though, what kind of person is such a jerk that his own team sits him during the playoffs for being a jerk?

Thank you, Sean Avery, for reaching a new low.
    It was the coached that made him a healthy scratch for getting too many penalties. It isn't the first time that a coach has done that to a player (that he really didn't want in the first place).

Kinda funny that now the coach is getting "benched" for his actions.

You do have to wonder, Avery makes remarks to the media and gets six games PLUS anger management.

Tortorella deliberately throws a water bottle into the stands, hits an innocent fan and only gets one game?

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3424425;
    You do have to wonder, Avery makes remarks to the media and gets six games PLUS anger management.

Tortorella deliberately throws a water bottle into the stands, hits an innocent fan and only gets one game?
    You can change the latter situation to any number of suspensions the NHL has handed out this season and seasons past and Avery's 6-gamer STILL doesn't make any sense.

What I'm wondering is...why didn't she duck? How little attention are you paying to the action in front of you that you get bonked in the head with a water bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3424350;
    First best of seven playoff sweep. They beat Calgary 3 games to none in '82, back in the day when first round was best of five. (That was the year they went to the finals against the Rangers).
    Oops. I mean Islanders. New York, anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3424543;
    Oops. I mean Islanders. New York, anyway .
    I was just about to respectfully disagree! I was living in Vancouver in '94 and remember very well the Stanley Cup run and the heartbreak on Trevor Linden's face when they lost in game 7. That was an incredible run for the cup, winning a tough series against Calgary and then again against Toronto...when was the last time a Canadian team made it to the finals and played two other Canadian teams along the way? *sigh*

I also remember the ridiculous idiots who rioted just a few blocks from my apartment.

I just wish we didn't have to wait so long to start playing again. It's good to rest up, but it's also possible to get rusty.

San Jose blows it again.
    I don't know if they have a collective mental block when it comes to playoff hockey, but they're a different team in the playoffs and not in a good way.
    I was rooting for them to take out the Ducks, but although I didn't see all the games as I'm on the east coast, the Ducks looked hungrier to me and more likely to win from game one.

Normally I'd be sad that Calgary is out, but I actively root against any team Todd Bertuzzi is on so I'm not bothered this time.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    I just wish we didn't have to wait so long to start playing again. It's good to rest up, but it's also possible to get rusty.
    There was talk on TSN (I think) yesterday that the players are chomping at the bit to get going again and that caused a little bit of tension between a couple of the players.
    Words were exchanged apparently. I don't know if it went any further than that, we've certainly seen team mates getting into shoving matches before.
    I think the players involved with Kesler and Bieksa and believe it was all over and done with fairly quickly and they're all just raring to go on the next round.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-28-2009 at 03:45 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Glad Anaheim won. If they'd'a lost 'nucks would be playing Detroit...and without home ice. Scary. Let the Ducks take care of Detroit. Then the Johnny Canucks can take care of the Ducks in their own time zone. Game on Thursday?
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 04-28-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Home ice

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3427281;
    Normally I'd be sad that Calgary is out, but I actively root against any team Todd Bertuzzi is on so I'm not bothered this time.
    I was watching sports highlights while I was on the elliptical at the gym...Bertuzzi came on and it was all I could do not to spit at the TV, good thing it was suspended from the ceiling and a good 20 feet away.

Keeping my fingers crossed for my Rangers tonight. I don't think I can bear to watch the game, I hate game 7's. Sure would love to see them up against Boston, it would be a great series.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3427392;
    Glad Anaheim won. If they'd'a lost 'nucks would be playing Detroit...and without home ice. Scary. Let the Ducks take care of Detroit. Then the Johnny Canucks can take care of the Ducks in their own time zone. Game on Thursday?
    From your finger tips to the Hockey Gods ears!! The way the Ducks played all season, I think taking Detroit out would be almost as good as winning another Cup! (ALMOST!)

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3427420;
    I was watching sports highlights while I was on the elliptical at the gym...Bertuzzi came on and it was all I could do not to spit at the TV, good thing it was suspended from the ceiling and a good 20 feet away.

Keeping my fingers crossed for my Rangers tonight. I don't think I can bear to watch the game, I hate game 7's. Sure would love to see them up against Boston, it would be a great series.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's disgusted by Bertuzzi.
    I wasn't in Canada before Gretzky retired (they actually covered his retirement on UK tv news) but I held him in high regard for everything he achieved in the game.
    I lost some of that respect for him when he picked Bertuzzi to play for Hockey Canada.

I have to cheer for Washington tonight I'm afraid.
    I just love Ovechkin and literally screamed at the goal he scored in game 5. I'm sure he made a believer out of Derek Morris.

I hope building security is better prepared to protect the Ranger's bench tonight.
    That fat drunk was getting far too close to the team and imo should have been ejected.
    One of the Rags' staff said a fan was making derogatory comments about Marc Staal and Dan Girardi having a possible homosexual relationship, which is ridiculous.
    Dan Girardi can do much better.
    "That's Numberwang!"

"One of the Rags' staff said a fan was making derogatory comments about Marc Staal and Dan Girardi having a possible homosexual relationship, which is ridiculous.
    Dan Girardi can do much better."
    - Now that was funny!!

Washington and Carolina win tonight (I hope) then I can make my 2nd round predictions...

+ Reply to Thread