+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

I sort of agree with Barry Melrose that Detroit will take it all this year. As a Bruins homey, I'm not all that happy about that, but I will always spell 'hockey'

Y*Z*E*R*M*A*N

and since he's still working for the Wings, well, I won't be too disappointed, either.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Bye bye Montreal, bye bye St. Louis.
    Finally Washington and Philly.
    What's going on San Jose??
    I think if Boston and Detroit meet in the final Boston will take it, they play a physical and speed game.

Jackets down 3-0 after getting beat tonight 4-1. Detroit just flat out kicked our butt during this series.

Woooo Hooooooooo! Canucks sweep the Blues, first playoff sweep in franchise history!

Way to go, boys!

Red Wings sweep the Jackets winning tonight 6-5. Hopefully we can build from this and be back next year better than ever.

Awww, they didn't go out without a fight. I was so hoping they might be able to stretch it to a fifth game.
    Still, they had a great season and have something to build on.
    I'm not sure what their situation is with RFA's and UFA's but I think they have Nash tied up for another couple of years, so that's a good start.

I was very surprised by Philly winning 3-0 over the Penguins in the Penguins own rink.
    Pretty impressive, they live to fight another day.

The World Championship started today with Canada easily beating Belarus.
    That championship usually makes for great viewing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Yeah, the Penguins better watch themselves. I thought they had this thing in the bag, but Philly won't say die.
    Wake up and be awesome

Okily dokilies, there are any number of teams I can root for in these playoffs. Me, I'm a Bruins homer, but I wouldn't die if the Pens, Ducks, Wings, and so on, won the Cup.

I have to ask myself, though, what kind of person is such a jerk that his own team sits him during the playoffs for being a jerk?

Thank you, Sean Avery, for reaching a new low.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3421192;
    Woooo Hooooooooo! Canucks sweep the Blues, first playoff sweep in franchise history!

Way to go, boys!
    First best of seven playoff sweep. They beat Calgary 3 games to none in '82, back in the day when first round was best of five. (That was the year they went to the finals against the Rangers).

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3424305;
    I have to ask myself, though, what kind of person is such a jerk that his own team sits him during the playoffs for being a jerk?

Thank you, Sean Avery, for reaching a new low.
    I don't agree that he was scratched for being a jerk. Far from it actually. He just needs to quit taking stupid penalties. Sean Avery doesn't seem like the type of guy that would respond well to a "hey, cut it out", so we arrive at him getting benched. As effective as he is, he did nearly cost the Rangers game four, so I give credit to Tortorella for throwing the "Avery factor" out the window. He'll be back in next game though, that's virtually guaranteed. Dude does know how to play hockey quite well when he's not constantly running his trap.

Speaking of Tortorella, kind of ironic how a few days later he gets suspended himself for a stupid altercation. I don't agree with that suspension at all myself, but the irony of it all is still pretty funny.

+ Reply to Thread