+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Well, Eric Cole the Oilers hardly got to know you and now you've gone back to Carolina. Good luck, but don't let the door hit you on the way out. Edmonton ended up getting two decent players for Cole so all is not bad but who knows what's going to happen.

I hope the Oilers make the playoffs but it's going to be tough especially if they play as badly as they have in the last couple of games. The Western conference is so tight from 6th to 11th place the spread is 3 points. Crazy scary.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

FORT Fogey

Well looks like the Ducks management gave up for a the next few years. So good luck YEG!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;3371614;
    Well, Eric Cole the Oilers hardly got to know you and now you've gone back to Carolina. Good luck, but don't let the door hit you on the way out. Edmonton ended up getting two decent players for Cole so all is not bad but who knows what's going to happen.
    Welcome back to Carolina Erik Cole - 2 games, 1 goal, 4 assists. We love you here!
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3374575;
    Welcome back to Carolina Erik Cole - 2 games, 1 goal, 4 assists. We love you here!
    Good for him. He just didn't click with the Oilers. I think there might have been too big expectations for him here and guys play better when they are more comfortable. If we could ship Penner back to Anaheim he'd probably light up the lamp for them too.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;3374748;
    Good for him. He just didn't click with the Oilers. I think there might have been too big expectations for him here and guys play better when they are more comfortable. If we could ship Penner back to Anaheim he'd probably light up the lamp for them too.
    I agree, some teams and players are just a better fit than others. He's lit a fire under Eric Staal too, which is great. They've always had good chemistry. There are big expectations around Cole here too, but we know him and love him, so he starts out on a better footing than someone who would just come in cold.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Okay hockey fans, give me your honest opinion of my hometown Blue Jackets. Of course our local media is hyping them up big time so it's hard not to get excited over them. But what do you folks think? Thank God for Steve Mason!

I'm happy for them and hope they make the playoffs. 9 shutouts already for Mason. That's just crazy! I'm pissed that they beat my Bruins last night But Columbus is playing well right now and they have great goaltending. I'd like to see them play Detroit in the playoffs, but I don't think that will happen because I think Columbus will finish where they are right now and Detroit will finish either 1st or 2nd (maybe a 2nd round playoff match-up? ). I think Rick Nash would like to play them too.

The Bruins are really reeling and haven't played well in 2009. They already have 4 regulation losses in March. They only had 5 regulations losses in all of Oct, Nov & Dec. Not to mention that Manny Fernandez was actually playing like a NHL goalie back then. They have 14 games left to get back on track and hopefully go into the playoffs on more of a roll. Amazingly, they have 1 more point than what they finished with last year.

With Nash, Huselius and Umberger the Jackets have a not bad core. With Voracek, Brassard and Mason you have a pretty good group of young guys. I love Ken Hitchcock as a coach as well (he did wonders in Philly).
    Come playoff time (as of right now) they would play Calgary but I don’t think they have the depth to take them in a 7 game series.

Pineapple, I really need your Bruins to start playing better as well. Kessel needs to get back on track like he was before he got injured.

FORT Fogey

For a REALLY GREAT LAUGH, go to You Tube and watch "Hitler Reacts to MacTavish"

This is crazy.
    http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live...n.html?sid=101
    Columbus man charged with threatening Blue Jackets
    Friday, March 27, 2009 9:01 AM
    By Aaron Portzline
    THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Peter Stenzel, 52, has been arrested and charged with inducing panic after placing at least three threatening phone calls to the Blue Jackets -- specifically goaltender Steve Mason -- during last night's win over Calgary.

According to the Columbus police report, Stenzel was wearing a Calgary Flames T-shirt when he was arrested at his residence in Columbus. He is charged with menacing and inducing panic, a misdemeanor.

"They got his number from caller ID, and it was given to special duty officers," Columbus police Sgt. Rich Weiner said. "When they got to his residence, he was upset. He's a passionate hockey fan."

The phone calls were placed between 7:45 p.m. and 8:11 p.m., roughly the end of the first period and the start of the second. They caused a hectic response behind the scenes in Nationwide, with special duty officers placed around all of the arenas entrances.

"One phone call might not be taken seriously, it might not generate much of a response," Weiner said. "But when you make two or three calls and is threatening bodily harm, we're going to take it very seriously.

Sources said Stenzel threatened to "shoot" and "bomb" Mason during the game.

"There was an incident and it's been referred to NHL security," Blue Jackets general manager Scott Howson said. "I don't want to comment further."

+ Reply to Thread