+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

I would doubt any rumour that has Schenn leaving TO. I mean I think Burke is an idiot but I don't he would be that stupid.

Edmonton's rumours having Cole or Penner heading out the door. Can't say I'd miss either one. The only hope is that we get someone good in return.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

FORT Fogey

I would LOVE to have Penner back here in the OC. He would LOVE it too!
    Wonder what team would be willing to take on that huge chunk of change that he would be lugging along with him?
    I did hear that Dustin just bought a house there in Edmonton. Bummer if he does get traded. I guess he can buy a house where his new team is and then he will own a home in each place he has played
    He has come a LONG way in just a few short years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;3358395;
    I would doubt any rumour that has Schenn leaving TO. I mean I think Burke is an idiot but I don't he would be that stupid.

Edmonton's rumours having Cole or Penner heading out the door. Can't say I'd miss either one. The only hope is that we get someone good in return.
    Schenn was on my list of people Burke isnt rumoured to be trying to get rid of.
    I doubt the board would approve a trade even if Burke was dumb enough to line one up. Unless it was Schenn of Ovechkin, straight up
    I dislike Erik Cole intensely, so if he is trading I'm going to have to actively root against whichever team he goes to.
    Same with Pronger. There are rumours he could be headed to Boston, which will mean I can no longer wish them well in the playoffs.

It's rumoured on Canadian tv that two of the clubs to watch on TDD could be Burke's former and current clubs. Both are reckoned likely to be fairly active.
    If the Pens make the playoffs rumour has it they may be in the market to try to get Colby Armstrong back from Atlanta. He was part of the package that landed Hossa last TDD.

I'm most interested to see what happens with my beloved JayBo,. I think I've heard reports linking him to practically every one of the other 29 clubs.
    Last edited by fluff; 03-02-2009 at 06:04 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3358795;

I'm most interested to see what happens with my beloved JayBo,. I think I've heard reports linking him to practically every one of the other 29 clubs.
    I would much rather see the Bs go after him instead of Pronger. I think it would be a much better fit. The Bs have really good chemistry right now, and I don't want to see that screwed up.

I think people may see Pronger as a better bet because he has another year on his contract and Jay's unrestricted on July 1st.
    Rumour has it the Flyers are very interested and as part of the package are supposedly proposing to trade his best buddy from juniors, Joffrey Lupul, to Florida.

Has there been much trade talk in Anaheim, PugMum?
    Toronto tv seems to think there could potentially be quite a few changes to their roster.

Avery's officially on re-entry waivers so some team might pick him up at half price.
    Last edited by fluff; 03-02-2009 at 05:55 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I don't think Bouwmeester is going anywhere, with Florida currently in a playoff spot.

I actually think Pronger won't be going anywhere either. I don't really want him for what it might cost us. Also, we have cap issues for next year, so adding Pronger would give us more issues. fluff, there were also rumors that Erik Cole was coming to Boston too...but I think those have died down. So good thing, otherwise you'd be definitely rooting against the Bruins

There's rumors of us being interested in Derek Morris and that he would waive his no-trade clause to go to certain Eastern conference teams, the Bruins included.

FORT Fogey

Right now the rumors are that Murray isn't looking to trade either Scott Niedermayer or Chris Pronger. Scott's contract is up this year and he has said that his family is settled here, all are happy and he is not looking to make any changes. Some take that to mean that IF he does play next year that it will only be for the Ducks.
    It was also reported that no one has made any offers for Pronger. And they really don't want to trade him and risk not having either Scott or Prongs next year.

I think the talking heads just look for something to say at this stage of the game.
    There's little real information out there as most GM's don't want to show their hand, so the pundits start speculating and rumours grow legs.

As expected, Rangers picked Avery up on re-entry waivers so Dallas is stuck with half his salary.
    I imagine they consider that a result as they'd rather pay him to stay away than to play.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Calgary and Boston so far are the two biggest teams doing deals today. Only 1/2 hour left for trade deadline.

Rather an uneventful day really.

Got to feel a little sorry for anyone who left a playoff-bound club for one that'll be playing golf once the regular season is over, e.g. Scottie Upshall going to Phoenix from Philly for Dan Carcillo.

I'm not going to list them all, even though there weren't many today, but here's the TSN page with all the trades.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread