+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

Formula 1

*infuses thread with life*

Hey there, getting this thread ready for Imola and the races thereafter. If you watch Formula 1, don't hesitate to discuss it right here with me and Deep Dish.

FORT Fogey
    Nice one, Zaius.

After last Friday's announcement by the FIA that the Brazil GP win is going to Fisi, my faith in F1 is restored. I like Kimi, but Fisi spanked him and that was his win.

Looks like no F12003GA until Spain so we'll see what excuse Ferrari has this time around for not winning.

3 races, 3 different winners so far. And I'm thinking Juan Pablo is next up for the podium!

Leo
    Premium Member
    The 2003 season is proving out to be a pretty good one. McLaren is having a pretty good year, Eddie Jordan finally gets something to smile about. To top it all off, Ferrari fails to finish even one car at Interlagos. When was the last time that happened?

*patiently waits for Imola*

Alonso fit and ready for Imola

Looks like Alonso is doing fine is completely ready to drive Sunday's race. He had this to say about the HANS safety feature which I find remarkable:

The accident was the biggest one of my career, but I am obviously pleased with how the HANS system performed,” he explained. “For me, the system isn't at all uncomfortable in the car, and it was definitely an advantage at that moment. With that kind of crash, you usually suffer from neck pains afterwards, and I have had no problems at all. I think that HANS device helped in that, and did a very good job in that particular crash.
    That was one hell of a crash.

Anyways, we're back in Europe now, and all the teams will have an easier time with their pre race operations now that they have their motorhomes and other facilities at hand. So we'll see something closer to their full potential. Now is Ferrari's chance to dominate the other teams and make up for their horrible position in both driver and constructors' championships. Hopefully, they'll stay back there for a little longer while so we can have more fun watching these races.

I am looking forward to the European races.I am going to Brans Hatch this tear.

I am glad Fisi won in the end but i am sad that i did not get to hear the irish naional anthem being played.Go Jordan!!!
    What does Genisis and Darwin have in common they both have no conclusive proof and are theories

FORT Fogey
    Good point about HANS. I still say it's not necessary but who am I to argue with Fernando Alonso on these matters.

Early forecasts say there might be rain at Imola. Man, that's exactly what we need! None of the races so far have been under ideal conditions and I think until that happens and Ferrari still loses, we'll the contingent that says "just wait and see."

Michael's got an uphill battle. He has to go for wins and up until now his perspective has been "I'm ahead and so I do what I need to do to stay head," e.g., have Rubens step aside. But now his perspective will be, "Ach! I'm BEHIND and I need to get ahead." Interesting.

On another note, I expect big things from JPM this weekend. The door is open.

Montaya seems to be the next big thing but he is not fit to change schumachers tires.
    What does Genisis and Darwin have in common they both have no conclusive proof and are theories

FORT Fogey
    I can see why you're saying that. JPM has a ton more experience than his few seasons in F1 would indicate. Yet still, he doesn't have much in the way of results to show for it.

At first blush, we'd like to blame over exhuberance and mistakes for his lack of podiums thus far. But if we examine each race where it went pear-shaped for him, by and large it's been mechanical problems.

I'm not comparing JPM to MS and certainly not saying he's better. But Melbourne showed he's quick right here, right now. And MS is in a situation he hasn't been in before. And he won't be getting any gimmies from Rubinhno.

Whether JPM is WC material for 1 or more seasons remains to be seen but he's fit and has the car to do it at Imola.

After the F1-2003GA and the MP4-18 come out, it'll be tougher certainly.

First 8 for San Marino GP:

1. M.SCHUMACHER FERRARI 1'22"327

2. R.SCHUMACHER WILLIAMS BMW 1'22"341

3. R.BARRICHELLO FERRARI 1'22"557

4. JP.MONTOYA WILLIAMS BMW 1'22"789

5. M.WEBBER JAGUAR 1'23"015

6. K.RAIKKONEN McLAREN MERCEDES 1'23"148

7. J.VILLENEUVE BAR HONDA 1'23"160

8. F.ALONSO RENAULT 1'23"169

Here is Michael's chance to start dominating again. We'll see how he does. Note Coulthard's horrible placement:

12. D.COULTHARD McLAREN MERCEDES 1'23"818
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Leo
    Premium Member
    Well, Michael Schumacher finally got his win. Raikkonen got second, Barrichello third.

Final standings:

1. M. Schumacher (Ferrari)
    2. K. Raikkonen (McLaren Mercedes)
    3. R. Barrichello (Ferrari)
    4. R. Schumacher (BMW Williams)
    5. D. Coulthard (McLaren Mercedes)
    6. F. Alonso (Renault)
    7. J.P. Montoya (BMW Williams)
    8. J. Button (BAR Honda)
    9. O. Panis (Toyota)
    10. N. Heidfeld (Sauber Petronas)
    11. H. Frentzen (Sauber Petronas)
    12. C. da Matta (Toyota)
    13. J. Trulli (Renault)
    14. A. Pizzonia (Jaguar Cosworth)
    15. G. Fisichella (Jordan Ford)
    Retired: M. Webber (Jaguar Cosworth), R. Firman (Jordan Ford), J. Verstappen (Minardi Cosworth), J. Wilson (Minardi Cosworth), J. Villeneuve (BAR Honda)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast