+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

Leo
    Premium Member
    Another wonderful race in this season. Nice to see Montoya win, instead of having his engine letting go and having him let go at some of the BMW engineers (in private, I'm sure). Deservedly won - that Williams was a handful in the last few laps.

Nice pit crew battle, but that was waaay to close for comfort. Has there ever been a collision between cars in the pit lane? Almost looked that there would be a first there! Got to feel sorry for DC.

Feel sorry for DC? Nonsense!

I could dig up some of his quotes from the beginning of this season, and show you what a bad attitude that guy has, but I'm much too lazy.

Yes it was a very cool pit battle, I was loving it - although one of the Speed Channel commentators (the one with the british accent) betrayed his impartiality when he yelled "Oh no!" as Trulli pulled in front of DC.

Great race all around, and yes DD - did you see JPB's tires when he finally parked his car? The tires were completely bald!

Well, I'm glad there were very few crashes this GP, and congrats to JPB on this great win (and what a battle he had with the Fin during the last laps)
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Leo
    Premium Member
    Oh - and the unluckiest man in F1 right now has to be Heinz-Harald Frentzen. First his clutch fails on him in Austria and he can't start at all, now he crashes his car on lap 1. There's someone I really feel sorry for.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Soccer and F1.

Ferdinand hits back at brawl claims

The Manchester United player and Chelsea's John Terry were reported to have been playing pool in the Hyatt Regency Hotel in the Spanish resort at about 3.30am when an alleged dispute took place with two members of the hotel staff.

Ferdinand, in Monte Carlo yesterday watching the Monaco Grand Prix, claimed it was a language barrier that left the England players snookered.

'We were playing pool and challenged two of the hotel staff to a game. We said 'let's have a match, England v Spain'. But they did not seem to understand what we were talking about. When we asked them again, they called in these other blokes.

'It was ridiculous. We only wanted to play them in a friendly match and suddenly they got upset.

'I can only put it down to the fact they did not speak very good English. I don't know what they thought we wanted but I can tell you we simply wanted to play them in a game. It has all been blown up out of proportion and was settled straight away before we even went to bed.

You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

FORT Fogey
    unexplained, way to combine two threads into one!

@ "language barrier" excuse. That place is full of British people on holiday so I don't think that's the reason!

FORT Fogey
    Your Canadian Grand Prix Winner!

Ferraris are sexy.

Leo
    Premium Member
    That was a real test of elimination. Less than half of the field finished! On the bright side, no BMWs blowing up, for a change, although both cars losing one side mirror? When was the last time happened?

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by Leo
    That was a real test of elimination. Less than half of the field finished!
    The Gilles Villeneuve Circuit takes no prisoners! It eats brakes for breakfast and gives the pilots an in-your-face "Welcome to Canada" on the last turn before the straight.

FORT Fogey

First career pole for Kimi and even though the excitement has been nearly zapped from qualifying this season, it was thrilling to see the Finn eat Schuey's Ferrari for lunch today.

Prediction: Kimi or JPM for the win tomorrow. Fernando gets a podium finish.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Alonso's going to need some breaks as he's a bit down the order.

My prediction: Kimi to win, Montoya for second, Michael Schumacher for third.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast