+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Divorced NHL players?? (The Scandal Thread)

She's only just ditching his sorry ass now?

I kinda like The Dominator... not as much as Mike Vernon (gotta love '97) or Hodson (just gotta love him)...
    But more than the ill-fated Osgood (blue line, al mcginnis--why can't i spell today?--st.louis...playoffs...goal...o vertime...or san jose?...oh boy)

I hate no other player more than I hate Dominik Hasek.

why?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Because he pulls this retire s*t every time he wants something. With Buffalo it was O the US is evil , I don't want the evil US influence on my children I have to get my kids out of here, I'm retiring . That translated meant Adephi was running out of Bux to run the Sabres and he might have had to take a pay cut. When Detroit ponied up the cash he changed his mind quickly , and suddenly the US wasn't so bad. Then he spent the whole year he was in Det badmouthing both the team AND the city. Those folks lived and breathed the Sabres. (Go watch Bruce Almighty)They always treated him way better than the people in Detroit treat goalies. They tore apart their whole organization because his wife slept with Nolan.
    Of course who could blame her?

Detroit is one of the most passionate hockey cities around...(I'm still a Detroiter at heart, even though I'm in LA...can't quite get the groove yet) and everyone knows that there is a VERY thin line between love and hate...we're tough on our goalies, but we love them...tough love...
    And love can turn to hate...I can't imagine any Detroiter being too terribly proud of Sergei ditchin' the team after 13 years...and 3 Stanley Cups... Steve Yzerman would never do that to us...that's why Stevie's painted on a building in Detroit.
    Too bad my boys are getting to be old boys...but they kicked major a$# the last 10 years and I got nuthin' but love... the one thing Detroit really had to get excited over...

If you aren't in Detroit, quite honestly-- you don't know what kind of fans they really have...they gripe about goalies but they give more money and love and time than most cities can imagine. The city LITERALLY comes alive (and dies) with the playoffs.
    For a while, in such a decaying facade of a city as Detroit actually is-- Steve Yzerman was like a transplanted red heart, pumping blood and life into the city.

I remember 1995-1999 I lived, breathed, slept, ate-- Red Wings hockey. And women's hockey. I took my ACTs on the morning after Vladimir Konstantinov and Slava Fetisov were in the horrible limo accident (and Vlady suffering severe brain damage...very severe. Is very...off...and lucky to be alive)...I was a mess. The Detroit papers and news stations had 'round the clock coverage...it was right after the '97 Cup win and parade...the city was so psyhed...high-fiving on the day of the parade on the freeways and sidestreets...surreal...and then tragedy...

Anyway...Detroit loves its Red Wings and nobody better forget it...lest the Dead Things return and The Joe quiet as a tomb.

Montreal fans are really tough on all their players. If they play well, they love them, when they're on a bad streak, the fans want them to get traded. I've always really hated that. What the hell kind of fan is that?
    Proud to say I have stuck by my Claude in good times and bad and now I will do that for Jose too.

OOPS, my lat post should've gone in all things hockey and not divorced NHLers. I'll blame Grant for that one. lol

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Yeah But since you said Jose

I'll stick by him too!

+ Reply to Thread