+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Euro 2008

Euro 2008

As England didn't qualify I have to do things the English way and cheer for the Netherlands, particularly as they're coached by one of my favourite players ever, Marco Van Basten.

Good match yesterday. I was stunned that they beat Italy 3-0, even though the first goal was seen as questionable.
    Their Group will likely end up being tight though seeing as it's this tournaments "Group Of Death".
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Euro 2008

I saw part of that match yesterday and the first goal was definitely questionable but the next two weren't. Italy just never seemed to get into the match. Right now, Spain is up 1-0 and Russia's defense seems suspect although they did have a darn good opportunity to tie it up which they blew.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I thought the first goal was questionable too. However, it didn't make much difference since the other two were legit. I agree, this group is definitely going to be tight.

Anyone catch the physical end to the US/Argentina match the other night? The Argentinians seemed to be going after Adu who was clearly upset by it.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I had some very unhappy people in my family. The first goal definitely seemed questionable. Still, Italy didn't show up for the game. They have a way of annoying the heck out of their fans. They are amazing players, they just seem so nonchalant sometimes.

So, the co-hosts Switzerland are already out after losing their first two games.
    The conditions during the match against Turkey were dreadful. The pitch was water-logged in parts making it very difficult to judge the weight of passes.
    Croatia v Germany and Austria v Poland today. Croatia currently leading Germany 1-0

ETA. Croatia beats Germany 2-1.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-12-2008 at 02:39 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I caught the end of the Croatia/Germany match. So nice to see Germany lose!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;3049554;
    They are amazing players, they just seem so nonchalant sometimes.
    Sometimes it seems with teams that have a lot of world class players, that they in do fact have all of those players, but they don't have a team. Spain usually is a bit of the same, maybe not this time around (I didn't see the game against Russia). But then again, they're usually good in their clubs, so I wonder what happens to them when they get to the national teams.

Sweden surprised me with their win over Greece, I thought it would be 1-1 or something. It was good to see Zlatan score again after a dry spell in the national team, he's a great player for Inter, but when it comes to the national team the same magic isn't there so good for him (and us). Hopefully the team can pull it together and make it far, although some injuries seem worrying.

Another questionable call! Toni scores with 15 seconds left to extra time and the ref calls off-side, when it was clearly not.

I hope some of you are watching the Netherlands v France game because it's a cracker
    "That's Numberwang!"

I couldn't watch, but I heard it was great. For obvious selfish reasons, I'm happy the Netherlands won.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast