+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs 2008

NBA Playoffs 2008

I know we have some NBA fans here, at least those of us jumping on the bandwagon at the end of the season. The Cavs are putting a whipping on the Celtics in the first half of game 3, up 52-35 at the break. They have no choice being down 2 games already.

Re: NBA Playoffs 2008

I saw that earlier, Unk... and I must say that, while I enjoy seeing Boston get a butt-whoopin' (it's now 19 points)... I am not quite certain who I am rooting for here. Both teams give our Pistons fits.

We barely eeked out a win to go up over Orlando 3-1. We clawed our way back from a 15 point deficit (with a 15 point run) and made it a great second half to win 90-89 at the buzzer. Without Chauncey. woohoo!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

The Cavs win by 24 and the Tribe beats Toronto 12-0. It's a great night in Cleveland!

As Broadway alluded to, Magic look to be in trouble, down 3-1 in their series with the Pistons. I just had a bad feeling they'd blow their lead yesterday...

Well this just sucks.
    Cavs lose Gibson with separated shoulder - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
    INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP)—Cavaliers guard Daniel Gibson will miss Game 6 of Cleveland’s playoff against the Boston Celtics after separating his left shoulder during the second half Wednesday night.

Gibson, one of the Cavs’ best perimeter shooters, left early in the fourth quarter following a collision and did not return. The team estimated he would miss one to two weeks.

The Cavaliers trail 3-2 in the best-of-seven series and could be eliminated Friday night.

Gibson emerged as a star in Game 6 of last year’s Eastern Conference finals against Detroit.
    I hope LeBron gets it together

Yep.... you've gotta win Friday night to drive this one to a Game 7, Unk. All while the Pistons rest so Billups can return.

The Cavs forced a Game 7! Hopefully we can pull it off.

Unfortunately the Cavs lost. Once again an Ohio team gets kicked in the guts.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3006147;
    Unfortunately the Cavs lost. Once again an Ohio team gets kicked in the guts.
    I've got to hand it to the Cavs. Going into the series, I never expected them to take it 7 games. Now, I'm just going to have to start pulling for the Celtics, buying the notion that if your team has to lose, you at least want them to lose to the best team. Plus, with players like Garnett, the Celtics make it easy to cheer for them.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmph.

I have the same mindset... I always end up cheering for the team that beat mine as I would rather lose to the best than lose to another loser. But hopefully my healthy Pistons can put up a fight. Kind of hard to beat a team with an 8-0 home playoff record that has home court advantage in the series. We have to take one of these first two in Boston to gain momentum!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast