+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2008

MRD

Re: College Football 2008

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3227161;
    I was at the Alabama homecoming this past Saturday and even if you're not a football fan (like me!), its so much fun to watch all the people go crazy. Its hard not to get caught up in the hoopla that goes on! Of course, even tho I don't like football, I do like Saban! I spent alot of my time watching him thru the binoculars! I'm one of those nerdy band members who enjoys watching the band at halftime tho!

My son and my S.O. and his son went with me to the game. It was an interesting combination. I'm not a football fan, my son is a big Tennessee fan and my S.O. and his son were the 'Bama fans! My boss had 4 tickets so he gave them to me so needless to say, my fella and his son were thrilled! My son was trying to be incognito because he was in enemy territory and was not happy when I would take pictures of him, which could be used as proof of his "going to the dark side!"

My S.O. is worried because he says being #1 is a curse...alot of the teams who have been in 1st have been beaten and knocked out and it doesn't help that 'Bama is going to Saban enemy territory for the next game at LSU!

I have decided that next year I am going to go all out and become a big football fan. Since my S.O. is for 'Bama, my son is for TN and the rest of my family is for Auburn, I don't stand a chance rooting for any of those teams (I'm bound to piss someone off! ). I have decided that since I like bulldogs and I like the colors red and black...next year I am rooting for Georgia Bulldogs! I will read up on them, learn players/coaches names and be prepared to become obnoxious and loud and smack talk with everyone else when the season starts!!!! WOO HOO!!! I was torn between rooting for Florida and Georgia...my son's nickname is T-Bo so that's why I thought about going for Florida but ultimately decided to go with the dawg pound!
    Go with the winners, root for Florida! (Besides, I need help in this thread)

Ashley, that would be a good game. We'll have to have a wager if that is how it ends up.

I did get my Florida Gator stuff unpacked and put up yesterday, so I was happy to be surrounded by my stuff again.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

bbn- Come join us. We like to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3227127;
    So ladies do I see a wager coming up?
    And does it involve pay-per-view mud wrestling?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3227219;
    And does it involve pay-per-view mud wrestling?
    As long as I get the pay!

Fulmer out at Tennessee
    This reminds me of when John Cooper got canned at Ohio State, you hate to see it happen but something needed to be done.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3227932;
    Fulmer out at Tennessee
    This reminds me of when John Cooper got canned at Ohio State, you hate to see it happen but something needed to be done.
    Interesting. I've been hearing rumors ever since the Gators whupped them so badly. Too bad, I enjoyed seeing Fulmer get frustrated on the sidelines. Not as much fun to watch as Spurrier throwing the visor, but almost.

MRD

So Unk, Florida and Vandy play tonight. I have to work, darnit, but I'm going to Tivo the game and maybe can watch it when I get home about 10.

Care to wager?

I'm all for school spirit and everything, but realistically I don't think Vandy can beat Florida. We started out the season 5-0, but since then we've been choking. I'm not even going to tailgates or the game, although that's mainly because it's cold outside, and at Vandy it's tradition that the girls wear sundresses to the games and the guys wear coats and ties. It's too cold to wear a sundress and cute sandals .
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Beginning of 4th quarter and my house is full of screaming 'Bama fans right now........I wonder if the LSU team can hear them???
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

*sigh* The undefeated has fallen. I'm crushed.

+ Reply to Thread