+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2008

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: College Football 2008

Newf! Okay, I SUPPOSE that is an acceptable usage of avatar, although I can barely see the Nittany Lion logo on the nutcracker. I guess it's easier than I thought to crack a buckeye. I do love your new location though.

I will say that the Ohio State fans I met yesterday were all absolutely nice and really wonderful and helpful. I was really surprised they were THAT nice. My cousin and I parked in a west campus lot and took the shuttle. An older gentleman and a boy with him stood up and got out of their seats and told us to sit down because we were their guests. Fans who passed us walking into the stadium wished us good luck and told us to have a good night. After the game I was talking with a guy about the bands and he said about what a classy program PSU has and I told him the same. It was really refreshing not to get heckled and hazed which is what I was expecting.

After the game was over, all of the PSU fans gathered near where the Gameday guys were taping their post game show in the corner of the endzone and we chanted and cheered and yelled until the cops kicked us out.

Oh yeah, and Lebron James walked right past me. I was starstruck for a little bit.

Ohio State played one heck of a game. It was a very hard fought defensive battle the entire game. I thought my insides were going to burst when we recovered the fumble. Our section was going nuts.

Look on the bright side, the Big Ten may get some representation in the National Championship game this year. That's a good thing for everyone.

Wooooooooooooooooooo! Happy Valley is happy today!!
    Wake up and be awesome

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3223470;
    Newf! Okay, I SUPPOSE that is an acceptable usage of avatar, although I can barely see the Nittany Lion logo on the nutcracker. I guess it's easier than I thought to crack a buckeye. I do love your new location though.

I will say that the Ohio State fans I met yesterday were all absolutely nice and really wonderful and helpful. I was really surprised they were THAT nice. My cousin and I parked in a west campus lot and took the shuttle. An older gentleman and a boy with him stood up and got out of their seats and told us to sit down because we were their guests. Fans who passed us walking into the stadium wished us good luck and told us to have a good night. After the game I was talking with a guy about the bands and he said about what a classy program PSU has and I told him the same. It was really refreshing not to get heckled and hazed which is what I was expecting.

After the game was over, all of the PSU fans gathered near where the Gameday guys were taping their post game show in the corner of the endzone and we chanted and cheered and yelled until the cops kicked us out.

Oh yeah, and Lebron James walked right past me. I was starstruck for a little bit.

Ohio State played one heck of a game. It was a very hard fought defensive battle the entire game. I thought my insides were going to burst when we recovered the fumble. Our section was going nuts.

Look on the bright side, the Big Ten may get some representation in the National Championship game this year. That's a good thing for everyone.

Wooooooooooooooooooo! Happy Valley is happy today!!
    The Big Ten was represented the last 2 years. little good it did them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3223645;
    The Big Ten was represented the last 2 years. little good it did them.
    Ah yes, but that was Ohio State. This time a real team will be there.
    Wake up and be awesome

Hook'em! Just found this thread! How about them Longhorns!!!!

I SUPPOSE that is an acceptable usage of avatar, although I can barely see the Nittany Lion logo on the nutcracker.
    Admit it--you daydreamed over the avatar for a half-hour before you realized that the nutcracker was even in the picture
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3223655;
    Ah yes, but that was Ohio State. This time a real team will be there.

Welcome PGM, there's a lot of trash talking in this thread, but you seem like you can hold your own.

But I do have to say once again: GO GATORS!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Just to let you know I haven't been avoiding this thread, I've been without internet since Saturday as I was moving. It was a helluva game no doubt. I only watched part of the first half and haven't really read too much about the game. So hats off to PSU, the they di a great job and I'll be glad to change my av to whatever Ashley desires. So let me have my punishment pumpkin.

I came up with this av getting ready for the BCS championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3224009;
    I came up with this av getting ready for the BCS championship game.
    Unk, I love it. That is definitely acceptable punishment for you. Love the new tagline and location too.

I'm enjoying this more than you guys will ever know.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3223670;
    Admit it--you daydreamed over the avatar for a half-hour before you realized that the nutcracker was even in the picture
    Jeez, you caught me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;3223657;
    Hook'em! Just found this thread! How about them Longhorns!!!!
    Welcome PGM35! Our teams may be meeting up this year!

After the game, Pryor sat on the bench and sulked instead of shaking hands with the PSU players. Pryor's an awesome player, but that was a little classless in my opinion.

Someone photoshopped a middle finger into this photo but I blacked it out.
    Last edited by AshleyPSU; 10-27-2008 at 05:56 PM.
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Fogey

Okay, so enough about the football aspect of your trip Ashley ... tell us about walking past LeBron James!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread