+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2008

Re: College Football 2008

The Goodyear blimp is in town already. It's supposed to rain Saturday Ashley so bring your rain gear with you.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3221874;
    The Goodyear blimp is in town already. It's supposed to rain Saturday Ashley so bring your rain gear with you.
    Ugh, Unk, are you serious? I HATE games in the rain. Good thing I'm bringing my Penn State EZ Up canopy for tailgating.

I'm really excited for the game. I have a school staff party on Friday night so I won't be leaving here until early Saturday morning. Do you think there's a chance the rain might hit early/late or is the forecast for an all day/weekend soaker?

It worries me that the spread is 2 points in PSU's favor but all of the media and analysts seem to be picking OSU. Although I have complete faith and confidence in my team, I might be coming in here with my lion tail between my legs on Sunday.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3221879;
    Ugh, Unk, are you serious? I HATE games in the rain.
    Here's the forecast:
    Saturday and Saturday Night
    Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 50s. Lows in the lower 40s.
    I'm moving that day so I'm not looking forward to it either.

ETA Make sure you bring something red to wear.

Tressel to OSU fans: 'We need to be wearing red on Saturday night'
    Jim Tressel showed up at his weekly media luncheon today wearing a bright scarlet jacket and urged Ohio State fans to follow his lead when Penn State comes to town Saturday.

"I wanted to make sure I got the message out loud and clear that we need to be wearing red on Saturday night," the Ohio State football coach said.

At stake for both teams is the undisputed lead in the race for the Big Ten championship; OSU is gunning for an unprecedented third straight outright title, and fourth overall. Further, with PSU (8-0, 4-0) standing third in the Bowl Championship Series ratings, it's a chance for No.9 OSU (7-1, 4-0) to make some amends for its wipeout loss at Southern California and perhaps climb back into the thick of the BCS race.

But as Tressel said, "We don't talk about the BCS," especially not at this point in the season. With PSU playing on a higher plane thus far than any other team in the league -- No.1 with a 45.4-point scoring average, No.2 in scoring defense at 11.8 -- this is not the group of Nittany Lions experts expected to see in preseason when they were tabbed to finish middle of the league.

The Nittany Lions have leaped offensively under the guidance of first-year starter Daryll Clark at quarterback and behind the inspired play of receiver-runner-kick returner Derrick Williams. Defensively they have overcome injuries and off-field problems to lead the league in total defense (263.2-yard average), just ahead of OSU (265.4).

"As we move forward, we understand the difficulty of this challenge," Tressel said.

His team played its most complete game this season last week in a 45-7 win at Michigan State. Freshman quarterback Terrelle Pryor and running back Chris "Beanie" Wells spurredthe offense, and the defense grabbed five turnovers, returning two fumbles for touchdowns. That was a far cry from the lackluster 16-3 win over Purdue the week before.

"What (Ohio State) team needs to show up Saturday night?" Tressel said in repeating a question. "The best team we've got."

He said it will include backup running back Daniel "Boom" Herron, who missed the past two games after suffering a concussion at Wisconsin. Cornerback Chimdi Chekwa also is expected to be ready. He left the game at Michigan State after suffering a shoulder injury while committing pass interference in the end zone that set up MSU's only TD.

But Tressel wants the 12th man heavily involved, which is one reason he was talking home-field advantage and trying to enhance it with the scarlet promotion.

"I expect it to be loud and fun and energetic," Tressel said. "I hope it's going to be hard for the visiting team to hear."

He even urged fans to prepare for every contingency. For example, he said he heard there is a 40 percent of chance of rain.

"So I need to remind you to bring a red poncho to go with that red wardrobe," Tressel said.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 10-22-2008 at 10:01 PM.

Thanks for the heads up, Unk. I am trying to find out if PSU is doing a visitor's White Out or not. I am thinking we will because that's how we roll, but your colors are red and white so we might go with some blue. It is going to be a tough atmosphere, that's for sure.
    Wake up and be awesome

:nono Our colors are SCARLET AND GRAY. Do your research.

Five points to anyone who knows the story of how those colors were chosen for the University. Hint: It does not represent blood on concrete.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3221995;
    :nono Our colors are SCARLET AND GRAY. Do your research.

Five points to anyone who knows the story of how those colors were chosen for the University. Hint: It does not represent blood on concrete.
    Hmmm... as much as I love the thought of blood on concrete representing the Buckeyes, isn't it as simple as y'all wanted to be a pumpkin but Harvard or Princeton beat you to the punch?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Close. The original choice was orange and black, but Syracuse was already using that combination. You win 5 points for the Spartans, to be applied to the Spartan football game score of your choice. Points must be used no later than February 1, 2009.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3221874;
    I noticed a blimp on Tuesday heading south, just east of I-75, south of Toledo. Couldn't tell which one it was, but maybe it was that one.

This is one of those rare occasions when I cheer for OSU, or maybe it is just against Penn State.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;3222207;
    I noticed a blimp on Tuesday heading south, just east of I-75, south of Toledo. Couldn't tell which one it was, but maybe it was that one.

This is one of those rare occasions when I cheer for OSU, or maybe it is just against Penn State.
    Bless your MAC heart. How's Bowling Green doing this year?
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;3222207;

Hey now, hey now.

Newf, I apologize for my ignorance about your school colors. Well, not really.

Please tell me the forecast has changed? haha

The weather people around here are forecasting an OSU beatdown. Ooooo.
    Wake up and be awesome

+ Reply to Thread