+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2008

Re: Baseball 2008

Enjoy the game!!! Minor league games are so much fun with all the goofy entertainment. Our local team, the Toledo Mud Hens (AAA affiliate of the Detroit Tigers), starts today too.

Our Columbus Clippers are in the last year of their contract with the Washington Nationals. Rumor has it they are going to be either a Reds or Indians affiliate as both of their contracts with their AAA clubs expire this year. I'm hoping it's the Tribe but most fans in this area want the Reds.

♥Ali♥Gia♥Rozlyn♥ OutsideLookinIn's Avatar

No offense from the guys last night apart from A-rod ... Hopefully Hughes pitches well tonight
    "Unfortunately, I did not get any out of this big sex scandal that supposedly happened. If I had known that I was going to get accused of it, maybe I would have gone for it!" -- ROZLYN (Bachelor 14)
    -----------
    BRAD is still "THE HOTTEST Bachelor" ever!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2891290;
    Enjoy the game!!! Minor league games are so much fun with all the goofy entertainment. Our local team, the Toledo Mud Hens (AAA affiliate of the Detroit Tigers), starts today too.
    THanks. I know minor league games are so much fun. I love it when we get to stand up and sing. (I love to sing and at the ballpark it doesn't matter if I can't carry a tune, neither can half of the other fans.)

Here we not only sing "take me out to the ballgame", but we also get to sing "centerfield" and "Sweet Caroline" which is the teams "theme song" (we're in South Carolina).

And then there's the peanuts and beer and hotdogs and oh yeah, the actual game.

The Greenville Drive are a relatively new team. Just been around a few years.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2891655;
    Here we not only sing "take me out to the ballgame", but we also get to sing "centerfield" and "Sweet Caroline" which is the teams "theme song" (we're in South Carolina).
    The fact that they are a Red Sox affiliate might be the reason Sweet Caroline is played. It is played at every Red Sox game at Fenway.
    'Sweet Caroline' revealed - The Boston Globe
    As a tribute to a Red Sox employee who had named her newborn Caroline, the team began playing "Sweet Caroline" occasionally in 1998. It was an instant fan favorite, and in 2003 the decision was made to play it at each home game.
    Also, Caroline Kennedy is the Caroline that inspired the song.
    That Neil Diamond ditty they play during the eighth inning at Fenway Park? Turns out it's about JFK's daughter. Breaking years of silence on the subject, Diamond has revealed that Caroline Kennedy was the secret inspiration for "Sweet Caroline," the 1969 smash hit that's played at every Red Sox home game.

"I've never discussed it with anybody before - intentionally," the celebrated singer told the Associated Press this week. "I thought maybe I would tell it to Caroline when I met her someday."

MRD

Thanks Unk. I assumed it was because we were in Carolina.

Well looks like the game is going to be called due to a massive amount of rain we are expected to get today. Shoot. we were looking forward too it. We can use our tickets again at any other game during the regular season, but I so wanted to go tonight, darn it.

Our local AA minor team, the Akron Aeros, is an affiliate for the Indians. Actually, that is where many well known Indians players are from, including Jim Thome, Jhonny Peralta, and my baby Grady Sizemore! I have been to a couple games and they are just as much fun to go to as Indians games ! They give all this stuff away every inning, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;2896163;
    and my baby Grady Sizemore!
    Oh Lord, a Grady Girl.

MRD

Well they didn't call the game before start time, we had to show up and then they called it. But in order to be able to reuse our tickets, we actually had to use them in the first place, have the game called due to rain and then we can use them again anytime during the regular season. Bit of a pain in the rear, but at least we get to try this again.

WTH is wrong with my Yankees...They got whooped by the D-rays last night...They really should have got rid of Mussina and got some better pitchers this off season...Last year when the Yankees came to play the Giants for the first time since they played in the World Series...I watched Mussina pitch and and get his butt whooped, but at least I was able to see Clemens come in and pitch...Hope to see Pettite pitch this time around when the Yankees come and play the A's in June...

+ Reply to Thread