+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2003 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Conference Quarterfinals

Hi guys...
    -I would like to see Ottawa beat N.Y. and I think they could do it in 5.
    -I would like to see N.J beat Boston (I live in Montreal,can't like Boston) and I think they can do it in 6
    -T.B/Was, I don't really care who wins, so I'll guess Washington in 6
    -I hope Toronto beats Philly, it'll be a tough one, I see this series going to 7 with no idea who will take it

-Dallas HAS to beat Edmonton for the simple fact I want my man CLAUDE to win his 5th Stanley cup!! I hope those of you who predicted a Dallas win are right!
    -I HATE Detroit and always will, Anaheim has to find a way to beat them, they don't deserve to win. They buy their championships and it would be great to see "lower class" teams kick their a**. (sorry John) This series will go to 6.
    -I would like to see Minnesota upset Colorado but I highly doubt that will happen. I think Colorado in 4

-I don't care who wins in the Vancouver/St.Louis series, I'll guess Vancouver in 6.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    It wouls be cool for Claude to win the Cup for his sake , wouldn't that be somekind of record?

I know the season is over, but here is an article from Naslund and Forsbergs hometown, translated by a kid from Örnsköldsvik.( No screaming, He also claims that Forsberg is "coming home" after this year.)

Nolaskolan 1992. They were both studying economics and now 11 years later they are competing as Worlds best hockeyplayers in the National Hockey Leauge.
    Sportbladets Tomas Ros went to Örnsköldsvik to find out whats the secret is behind the twos successes and to give a picture of them growing up, in the hockey crazy town at Höga Kusten.

One of them come from the southern part of Örnsköldsvik while the other one comes from the northern part - Markus. Peter and Markus had very similar growth, very strong connection to their families who had a big interest in sports. Peters dad Kent is still a leader in MoDo Hockey. Markus dad Sture was in many years Järveds strong hockey leader. Of course they both pushed their sons to become the best, without being to authoritarian.

Their Moms Ulla Nääslund and Gudrun Forsberg was also with them but in the background. They both gave the kids security and made sure that they didn't need to play their matches with an empty belly.

Peter and Markus met eachother many times during their younger years. Markus was the big star in the small club Järved while Peter was the star in MoDo. The NHL pro Hans Jonsson was back than a teammate with Markus in Järved. He remember all the times Forsberg and Näslund met very well. The team who succeded in stopping either Näslund or Forsberg won the game. You could notive back then that they had a "vinnarskalle" (directly translated as winnerhead...you could probably get my point with that word) that was something out of the ordinary.

In the Hockey school
    For the first time Peter Forsberg and Markus Näslund played in the same team was in TV Pucken 1988. The youth trainer Anders Melinder came into their 15 year old lives. Ångermanland won TV-pucken for the first time on 20 years and especially the Markus Näslund was the big victory organiser. Coach Melinder was probably the guy who played the biggest part in Peter and Markus life of hockey. Melinder took care of the two during the two years at the hockey school.
    - They were always competing. They both always wanted to be the best. It didn't matter if they were doing 20 questions in the bus to the games, if they selled literature about the games or if it was about weightlifting.

Under the hockey school Markus was the biggest star while Peter was playing in the 2nd line. He was small, shy and was meanly called the shrimp.

Markus was ahead back than and was extremely strong. He took 141 percent of his body weight (about 120kg) as a 17 year old says Anders Melinder. They were extremely competetive and willing to train. They were actually lying to eachother so one of them could become better than the other. Once in a while they talked with eachother during practise and asked if the other was going to train extra in the evening. The answer from them both become no and an hour later they met at the arena, and of course they both felt guilty about trying to get ahead of the other in skill says the friend Marin Eklund.

Interests
    As teenagers their lifes was almost only about hockey. They both played fotball and Peter was driving motorcross up to 125cc. The other guys in the team went out on Fridays and Saturdays. But when their friends were drinking beer and went to discos Markus and Peter were home with their parents. Many of them who went in the hockey school had own apartments so they could fool around how much they wanted to, but Peter and Markus wasn't into that. They went in the school were 600 of the 800 students were girls but they weren't interested in that either (just a comment from me...are they CRAZY??), but as I remember it it was only hockey in their heads, their friend Henrik Gradin remembers.

When it comes to interest they were separated at one opinion and that is religion. Markus is depely religious and was active in the church. Under his whole growth he went to church. Of course he had inherrited a lot of that interest from his father Sture who was sitting in the board at that Church, today he's one of the churches biggest money donors.

They daydreamer vs the perfectionist
    As personalities Peter Forsberg and Markus Näslund are totally different which is very noticable on the ice, and also off the ice. Markus is the perfectionist, but Peter is not a friend to order. Many of Markus goals this season has been an schoolbook example, the fear of a distinct "finish". Peter does what he feels like, strange dribblings and to find almost impossible ways on the ice is synonym with Colorados superstar.
    - I was always facinated of how they both were thinking. Peter was absent-minded, bohemian and a day dreamer. I can't count the number of times he missed the bus to the morning practice, or had problems with broken equipment. But Peter never gave up. When he missed the bus to the rink he ran those 4,5km said Anders Melinder.
    Markus was the total oposite. He had everything sorted out. Times, equipment and oposition. His equipment was always perfect, had extra sticks to the pratice and games. Another example of how different they both are was the last minutes before the big TV pucken final in 1988. All in the Ångermanland team was very tensed, even their leader Markus Näslund. But Peter Forsberg sat quitly and calm on the bench reading some info about the game. He wasn't affected of the tension at all. Just like he is today, even though all the tough meeting with media aswell from hits of defensmen.

And I don't watch anything with Shawhina ....

enygma> If Claude wins another cup, it'll make 5 cups with 4 teams, I'm not sure if anyone has accomplished that before. Go CLAUDE!!

I saw Shania at the junos. I like her so it didn't bother me what she wore.(I did only see the Habs,Sens and Canucks outfits, I went to bed) I thought the Habs one was cute although it was weird cuz they didn't make the playoffs. Also got to point out that one of her band members had a Jose jersey on . (great taste!)

go WINGS go!

LOl

great thing about shania's band member wearing theo's jersey !!

the sens MUST win or i'll kick Chara's rear-end...

Go Wings!

What's everybodys pick for the Stanley Cup?

I'm backing Ottawa !!!
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

Hey duckgirl...does Tampa maintain home ice advantage through the playoffs or is it just the first round ?
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    enygma...I'm from Edmonton and we are already saying
    Anson who ???...Kevin Low fleeced Sather at the deadline. The team has a better chance without him.

Claude Lemeiux ??

Hey duckgirl, I didn't mind the outfits that Shania wore.( She could make a gunnysack look hot!!! Except for the ugly Flames dress.) What bothered me was the Canucks and Oilers got very short shrift on her hips. She wore Montreal and Calgary very prominently and they are booking tee times !!!!!
    Headlines

It depends who they're playing. If a team seeded below them wins and that's who they're facing, then then will have home ice. But if the theroy works and 1, 2, 3, 4 move on, then they won't have home ice. But if, say, 1, 3, 5, 8 move on, then they will.

Techno were you able to get tickets to any games? I was going to but then shit happened and I couldnt. Even Game 6 is sold out.

Shania looked like a spastic cheerleader.

Shania looked like a spastic cheerleader

Didn't get tickets this year, but will enjoy watching for four more games. Thanks for the info on Tampa.
    Headlines

+ Reply to Thread