+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2003 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Conference Quarterfinals

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Very Nice analysis Ducky and Techno
    Playoffs YAY!!!!!!

(1)Ottawa vs (8)NY Islanders- Di Pietro is an on again off again type. If he's hot , they can put up a good fight, Garth can't.Goaltending is also Ottawa's sore spot. If Lalime stays healthy they will be hard to stop, but any problems and they couldn't win against Carolina on a bad day. Varada and Cairns WooHoo . Watch for a tough series, as the Isles are not gonna let the Sens play clean.Ottawa in 6, but it ain't gonna be pretty

(2)New Jersey vs (7)Boston- Poor Martin , stuck with these losers. To say he carried that team is an understatement.They couldn't score to save their life. Someone has to show the Devils where the goalie plays in the other end or they are doomed. Boston? At the beginning of the season they looked unstoppable. Now they have Hackett to boot. If they can channel into that early season mentality , they could cream new Jersey. Tough call but NJ in 7

(3)Tampa Bay vs (6)Washington- Any other year and you would have laughed at Tampa even making the playoffs. This year they have been on a roll throughout the season. Why ? Phil Espo's boys have finally found the groove. Former mulletman Jagr, and Bondra aren't good enough to carry the team. TB in 5

(4)Philadelphia vs (5)Toronto- OMG get the ambulance corps out.Broadstreet Bullies meet Tuckers Terrors.If Toronto can get all its bodies Healthy , I don't think there is a team they can't smash down. It's a big IF. Almonte and Roenick's reunion has been a good call for Clarke. I'm going to shut my eyes tight clap my heels together and say Toronto in 6. The magic stitches fairy told me so. Also Eddie shut these boys out twice this year.

(1)Dallas vs (8)Edmonton- It would be so nice if Edmonton could just borrow Carter back . Comrie has not been the same pest since his broken hand. I would love to say Edmonton, but Dallas has really been in the groove.Dallas in 5

(2)Evil Detroit vs (7)Anaheim- There is going to have to be someone channeling the spirit of Walt Disney for Anaheim to win against Stevies wonder boys. I think Anaheim will give them a fight so 6. Maybe Cujo will have his playoff meltdown early, but they still won't put Manny in,so maybe add a game.

(3)Colorado vs (6)Minnesota- I think that Tony Granato did wonders for Colorado. They really sucked at the beginning of the year, so Hats off. Unfortunately that other Jacques is coaching the Wild and did an unbelievable job.Colorado in 5 but The wild may surprise.

(4)Vancouver vs (5)St Louis - St Louis has been all over this season, including 5 goalies.Now that Ozzies in town and Pronger might be , I still don't think that this is the year. Vancouver has been too much of a force. Barring Pronger pulling a Forsberg and cleaning up in the playoffs , I think that this might just be the Nucks year.Vancouver in 7. It's not going to be an easy road.Vancouver does not want to repeat last year when they could have finished off the Wings, but lost their cool.

I can see I'm going to be the only Detroit-booster on the site. Poor me.

Magic stitches fairy

I agree with eny 100%. Comrie came back too soon. He probably got tired of looking at the ugly couch he bought at his daddy's store. Mike York is going to be huge for them in the playoffs. I mean, HUGE. York and Marchant could be the two most important players on the team. They won't get much of the credit but if Edmonton is to do anything those two will have everything to do with it.

Anaheim won't win and that sucks, but they will get at least a game. Cujo wont meltdown in this round it will take him till at least the next one.

Wings in 6, definitely.

Unfortunately.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Hey Bill , Good stuff.Hey John - you have Cujo
    Ask St. Louis and Edmonton and Toronto what the playoff choke looks like . It's not pretty.....

At least I don't have a Redwings tattoo, like 2 of the people at the bar in Florida.

I don't even own any Redwings merch. Although I should get a jersey...

Redwings tattoo? Oh those poor delusional people.

Ah, the Cuho choke. Cuhoke. I dont know that doesnt really work. But its great to see when hes not on your team.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Ducky wouldn't let me get a Leaf Tatoo .....

That's right. :nono

Did anyone else see the abominations Shania was wearing at the Junos? Eegads. Sequined Leafs jerseys? Canucks dresses? Poufy Flames prom dresses?

Even Markus said that the Nucks choked.

+ Reply to Thread