+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NASCAR News 2008

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Re: NASCAR News 2008

So basicly Stewart will be buying into Haas-CNC which may or may not be buying a car and driver from DEI. I'm confused!
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Hopefully they won't have much if anything to do with DEI.... But if they're having a fire sale, who knows... Cars are Cars...

From what I understand Stewart will have a 50% stake in what will be known as Stewart Haas Racing... They'll continue to buy technology from Hendrick, and rumour has it hey'll cut both current Haas CNC drivers and bring in Ryan Newman... I've also heard rumours that Old Spice and Office Depot will be sponsoring Tony. (I won't miss the orange actually, but it will be strange seeing the Orange Home Depot 20 car on the track without Tony Stewart in it!)
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

At least it makes it easy to buy Christmas and birthday presents. My daughter and son-in-law both had to switch from a red number 8 to a green and white 88. Now my grandson will have to leave the orange 20 behind and get something new. I kind of liked the orange car, it stood out, but nothing stays the same forever does it?
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

ESPN - Stewart rolls out new cars, will race under No. 14 - Racing

Stewart driving # 14 old spice/office depot car next year

Richard Hatch Season 1

It appears Tony needs a refresher anger management course. I like Tony and I wish he could put a stop to this behavior.

WTHR - Indianapolis News and Weather - Stewart involved in altercation at ORP

Stewart involved in altercation at ORP

Updated: July 27, 2008 12:50 AM

Clermont - Tony Stewart could be in trouble again after a confrontation Thursday night in Clermont.

In a video provided exclusively to Eyewitness Sports, Stewart can be seen in the pits during the J.D. Byrider 100 USAC race at O'Reilly Raceway Park. He owns a car driven by Tracey Hines, which was involved in a wreck and officials did not want to let him back on the track.

Stewart marched into the pack of officials and became very upset. He snatched a headset off the head of one of the officials. As he walked away and the official replaced the headphones, Stewart returned and yanked them off again.

He was approached by another official as he walked further away and shoved him with two hands. No punches were thrown in the incident.

Reports say Stewart will meet with USAC officials Monday to discuss the confrontation. If punished, he could face a fine.

Brownsburg's Bobby East led all 100 laps to win Thursday's race. Hines leads the series point standings.

It was a busy week for Stewart, who is in Indianapolis for Sunday's Allstate 400 at the Brickyard. On Friday, he unveiled the car he'll drive next year for Stewart-Haas Racing, of which he'll have an ownership role. Stewart is giving up his familiar orange number 20 car for a red, black and white number 14 car, in honor of his hero, A.J. Foyt.

Earlier in the week, he presented protective vests for 30 state police dogs which he donated as part of his Tony Stewart Foundation. The organization has provided the Kevlar vests to police dogs in 22 states.

Stewart will start 14th in Sunday's race, which he's won two of the last three years.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

just some braggin - if anyone happens to be watching a Nascar commercial that features a crazed fan with an air hose, that crazed fan is played by my brother Ean
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

I've seen that commercial IGC. Too cool.

Well Tony got fined by USAC.
    USAC fines Tony Stewart $10,000 for midget race - NASCAR - Yahoo! Sports

USAC fines Tony Stewart $10,000 for midget race

INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Tony Stewart was fined $10,000 Monday for what the U.S. Auto Club deemed unsportsmanlike conduct during a midget race last week at O’Reilly Raceway Park.

Tony Stewart Racing also was placed on probation for the remainder of the USAC season.

Stewart reportedly knocked a radio headset off the head of one USAC official and shoved another following a ruling Thursday involving Stewart’s car, driven by Tracy Hines.

Hines scraped the wall and pitted for a tire change, but his car was not deemed ready to re-enter the race in time to rejoin the field for the restart.

“While we respect the passion of our teams in the spirit of competition, we regret this incident occurred and are dedicated to averting a recurrence in the future,” Jason Smith, vice president of racing operations for USAC, said in a statement.

The statement also included an apology by Stewart.

“Obviously, I handled this particular situation the wrong way, and if I had to do it over again, it never would’ve happened,” he said.

Stewart also volunteered to pay for new radios and uniforms for USAC officials.

“While what took place at ORP last week was unfortunate, we applaud Tony’s commitment to bettering USAC and for providing additional equipment officials use week in and week out,” said Kevin Miller, chief executive and president of USAC.

Richard Hatch Season 1

Truex is staying at DEI for another year at least.

Truex agrees to stay at DEI through 2009 - NASCAR - Yahoo! Sports
    Truex agrees to stay at DEI through 2009

Aug 6, 6:16 pm EDT

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—Martin Truex Jr. finally agreed to a contract extension with Dale Earnhardt Inc. on Wednesday that keeps him in the No. 1 Chevrolet at least through 2009.

The two sides held a mutual option on the 2009 season, but Truex had been reluctant to commit even though DEI was eager to retain him. He tested the market, and had verbally agreed to stay with the team several weeks ago, but declined signing anything.

Now that he’s signed, the two sides are working on a longer deal.

DEI president Max Siegel referred all questions to Truex, and a spokesman for the driver said he’d discuss his status Friday at Watkins Glen International.

Truex, who won consecutive championships in the then-Busch Series for DEI, made the Chase for the championship last season.

He’s unlikely to earn a berth this season: Truex is currently 17th in the standings, 248 points out of 12th with five races to go before the field is set. He was hit with a 100-point penalty in July when his car failed inspection at Daytona.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast