+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263

Thread: Baseball season 2003

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    I'd be very surprised if Pettite comes back to the Yankees next year. From what I understand, he really wants to be closer to his wife and kids, who live in Texas.
    I agree, but the Rangers are on record saying they will not play in the free agent market as long as ARod is on the roster, and Houston has equally bad financial constraints as long as Biggio and Bags are around. They have excellent young pitching anyways, so Pettite would have to take a "hometown contract".
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by *~GymQT~*
    I'm in mourning lol. Oh, someone up there is blaming Jeter for swinging at three and 1, well I know how you feel. When they lost, I said I blame Boone. If he didn't cut the ball in game 1 they may have won the game and ultimately the series. Oh well, whats done is done. Unfortunately today I had to deal with a lot of crap from my 2 Mets fans teachers and a Marlins fan friend! Just wondering, who here is actually a Marlins fan, or is everyone just Yankee haters?
    Keep in mind, that without the rain delay in Game three, it is likely that Beckett continues to cruise to the win in that one, and this series would have been over in five.

I am not a Yankee hater myself, but I get sick of hearing how "superior" they are. They play in one of the weakest divisions in baseball year after year, and get by based on this illusion that they are a clutch playoff team versus what they did in the late nineties, that being making good personnel decisions.

The playoffs are a crap shoot. Any team that makes it can get hot. This isn't the NBA where really only two or three teams can win. Just worked against them the last few times. At least they got there.

They will not get back too often unless they get back to good talent evaluation. They traded a better, younger, cheaper pitcher in Lilly for the expensive disaster that is Weaver, just because he was a "veteran". Hopefully they finally realize that Soriano is overrated.

That is one thing I like about Oakland. They don't bother to believe the press clippings of their own players. Tejada has one MVP award that belongs to ARod (who has deserved the last four), and they will let him walk, just as they did Giambi. They routinely trade their closer every season for better players, because Beane knows that closers are way overrated.

New York has the money to buy players, but so did Baltimore, Los Angeles, Texas, the Mets, and Colorado most recently. Contrary to press mantra, money does not buy wins in baseball. Good talent evaluation does. if you can get to the playoffs, anything can happen.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    New York has the money to buy players, but so did Baltimore, Los Angeles, Texas, the Mets, and Colorado most recently. Contrary to press mantra, money does not buy wins in baseball. Good talent evaluation does. if you can get to the playoffs, anything can happen.

Man, Bill. Great post!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Keep in mind, that without the rain delay in Game three, it is likely that Beckett continues to cruise to the win in that one, and this series would have been over in five.
    Its possible, but the outcome could have also been the same. The rain delay effected both teams negatively (rest in between gets everyones muscles tight), not just one. But anything could have happened if only this, this, and that happened. No point in the would of could have should have game. I just needed someone to blame lol. Im over it now lol.
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

Red Sox put Manny Ramirez on waivers. I don't see anyone picking up that contract and if no other team picks him up ,how is his play going to be next season knowing the team wanted to get rid of him?

I think it will be interesting to see if Steinbrenner will be mad enough to pick Manny up. Obviously that's the only team that could, and I think Epstein is making an interesting move by putting Manny out there.

If not, I think they end up trading him. He's definitely a huge asset to our line up, but I think we need to get some starting pitchers.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    I think it will be interesting to see if Steinbrenner will be mad enough to pick Manny up. Obviously that's the only team that could, and I think Epstein is making an interesting move by putting Manny out there.

If not, I think they end up trading him. He's definitely a huge asset to our line up, but I think we need to get some starting pitchers.
    greenie,from what WEEI is reporting,it goes like this,The Yankees have been discussing Ramirez since yesterday.They want to know why he's available(hello $$$$$100mil...duh)if they pick him up that opens the gates to go after vladimir guerrero from Montreal,Colon or Petite and Fernando Vina.They then trade Nomar to Texas for A-RODS contract.pure fantasy I know.But if noone picks him up by 12pm friday,we now have a disgruntled head-case on our hands for next year.

I hope Guerrero doesn't leave Montreal but I think he will . I love Vlady!! The Expos can never freakin' keep any good players and it pi$$es me off!!!

Sorry, had to vent....

Quote Originally Posted by evalaruefan
    I hope Guerrero doesn't leave Montreal but I think he will . I love Vlady!! The Expos can never freakin' keep any good players and it pi$$es me off!!!

Sorry, had to vent....
    I still hope they can keep Cabrera and Vidro, but only time will tell!

+ Reply to Thread