+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Overrated cheer

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Overrated cheer

Okay, my biggest pet peeve at sporting events?

The "O-ver-rated!" cheer that the winning team fans chant when they beat a team that is high ranking.

For example, the Syracuse fans just chanting that at #1 seed Oklahoma that they just beat.

Seriously, how stupid is that? It's like saying:
    "You're overrated and that's why we beat you. You really must not be that good, because if you were we would not have been able to win."

If they really want to chant something that makes sense, why don't they yell "We were un-der-rated."
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Pssst!!!! Bravo, its a bunch of kids away from their mommies and daddies for the first time. They just think they are hot sh*t when they are just immature asses. This is why I don't watch college sports.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Heh heh.

Personally, I like "Os-bad!" when Chris Osgood is in net. It makes me giggle.

anyway, that's a crap cheer. I agree.

I don't mind the immaturity as much as I do that it just doesn't make sense!

It's like making fun of yourself!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Immaturity is FUN.

That's why there's Slap Scotty Bowman at redwingssuck.com and stuff.

I agree though, its like slamming yourself...

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I just hate the wave. It usually happens when you are all settled with your drink and stuff. Then the fatass in front of you doesn't want to sit down in case the wave comes by again, and he's too lazy to stand up twice.

I think the Bluejays fans were singlehandedly responsible for Daryl Strawberrys meltdown.
    Singing Things go better with COKE , followed by Oh Daryyyyyl!!!!
    These are mostly adults..and we won't even start on hockey cheers.

FORT Fanatic
    Yeah. Of course I have to comment that I am a college (grad) student(coming up on the demise of my 20s soon) and most of my friends here at school are not "just a bunch of kids away from their parents for the first time, etc etc." That's a tiny bit rude to say.

Come on now. Who hasn't seen some middle aged fatass yelling dumb stuff at a sports event? eny, lol@the fatass not wanting to stand up twice.

It's a cheer/chant/celebration, lighten up. Should they sit there and clap politely, nodding and saying "Oh, bloody good show, Oklahoma. Almost had us there, good thing our team was just bloody lucky." Bah. Sports event are for loud, boistrous yelling, and victory celebrations.

I love cheering and celebration and even immaturity --from people of all ages.

My point was that the overrated cheer makes absolutely no sense (unless you are sayig your own team sucks so badly they obviously couldn't beat a ranked team)

Some hockey cheers are good though!! The best has got to be the classic "Red Wings Suck!"

+ Reply to Thread