+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2007

MRD

Re: College Football 2007

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2564126;
    Well my prediction for this years SEC conference game will be South Carolina for SEC East and I'm thinking possibly LSU for SEC West.

Florida has a very young defesne and that really showed last night in the 2nd half. We lost 75% of our defense this year so we have a new, untried bunch of players. While the offense is on the field, things look good, but the defense is just not quite together. And that showed last night at the amount of points we gave up in the 2nd half. No way should that score have been that high on Troy's side. Our defense was just sloppy. And I know next weeks game against TN will be a tough one. TN, LSU and SC are all going to exploit our defensive weaknesses. I was worried about Auburn, but after their defeat yesterday, maybe not. But we've got some tough opponnents coming up and I just don't see our young team being able to do what it did last year. Of course our defense didn't really start playing last year until the end of the season. But Meyer is trying to rely on special teams to make up for the weak defense and I don't think its going to help much. Stilll I hold out hope that I am wrong, but I don't think so. I don't think this season will be as good as last year. This is not the year of the Gator. Although they could surprise me, they have in the past. But I'm trying to be realistic and I'm afraid the reality is a young team for the most part. But look out next year!

I reserve the right as a woman to be able to CHANGE MY MIND!!!!

Oh my, I would have been here sooner, but I just watched the longest football game ever. I think I might even be eligible for social security now after that marathon. BUT WHAT A GAME!!!

Yep, my boys are back. I have the faith again and I'm already looking forward to the rest of the season. I think Tennesse's just looking forward to getting over the state line out of Florida and The SWAMP.

59-20 GOOOOOOOOOOOOO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The Tennessee Volunteers are another of my favorite teams as I was born in Nashville. I'm not a happy camper about this.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2574092;
    I reserve the right as a woman to be able to CHANGE MY MIND!!!!

Oh my, I would have been here sooner, but I just watched the longest football game ever. I think I might even be eligible for social security now after that marathon. BUT WHAT A GAME!!!

Yep, my boys are back. I have the faith again and I'm already looking forward to the rest of the season. I think Tennesse's just looking forward to getting over the state line out of Florida and The SWAMP.

59-20 GOOOOOOOOOOOOO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    At least Arkansas doesn't have to play FLA during the regular season this year, but OH ME... What is Alabama doing to us??????

I had to stop watching and follow the play by play on Yahoo... It's that or threaten a TV with bodily harm...

I am much too old for this....
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

I'm so happy the USC beat Nebraska! Even though the score was 49-31 it really wasn't that close since Nebraska scored 2 touchdowns against USC's second and third stringers.

Hopefully now there will be no question about who the number 1 team in the country is.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I agree that USC is an impressive team. LSU and Florida also impress me. Those teams definitely deserve to be ranked in the top 3.

Michigan's beatdown on Notre Dame today wasn't a shocker. Notre Dame is terrible this year.

The Penn State/Michigan game next week is going to be a good one. I think PSU is the better team this year, but PSU hasn't been able to beat Michigan since 1994. I'm making the trip from Pennsylvania to Michigan for the game. I'm a die hard PSU fan, what can I say?

The Arkansas/Alabama game tonight was a nailbiter too, wasn't it?
    Wake up and be awesome

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2574107;
    The Tennessee Volunteers are another of my favorite teams as I was born in Nashville. I'm not a happy camper about this.
    Being from Nashville, why are you a Vandy fan???

I'm sure this wasn't a happy day for you Unk. Everyone said TN was going to win and Florida came out and stayed strong.

I still don't understand the commentators saying until halftime that Tenn was "dominating". As Florida had the higher score, we had a laugh at what the commentators considered the dominant team. Ainge didn't have his "A" game that's for sure. I think the broken pinkie is a bigger factor than they made it out to be. Some of his passes were not good.

Alabama looks good this year. A change of coaches did them a world of good.

I agree with the top 3 schools so far this year. But there was NO question who the number one team was last year either.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

My poor son, who is a TN fan, walked around with his head held down all night last night....he was so depressed! He wanted to know if he could skip school Monday....there are a couple of boys who are obnoxious Alabama fans who love tormenting him about TN losing.........I told him just to go on and take it and that one day it will turn around and you'll get to say a few words to them!

Congrats mrd!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2574482;
    My poor son, who is a TN fan, walked around with his head held down all night last night....he was so depressed! He wanted to know if he could skip school Monday....there are a couple of boys who are obnoxious Alabama fans who love tormenting him about TN losing.........I told him just to go on and take it and that one day it will turn around and you'll get to say a few words to them!

Congrats mrd!
    THanks. But I feel bad about your son after you posted that. But hey, I've seen MANY a losing season at Florida, so you have to learn to put up with the bad AND the good ones. Just tell him to hold his head up and say: There's always next year. ANd as Newf said above, being a fan means you say your team is number one even if they haven't won a game. (look at Michigan fans this year-hey, I know they won yesterday, but come on it was Notre Dame. As the sports commentors on CBS called it yesterday: Michigan vs Notre Dame: The " Opher (O-for) Bowl" and I kid you Michigan fans. ) As a Gator, I've learned that saying down pat, but I haven't had to say it now for a couple years. I think sticking with both the Bucs and the Gators has taught me to smile in the face of adversity. Especially the Bucs. Oh man, if you are Buc fan, you have to learn to put up witha LOT of losing seasons.

I really think TN just gave up and THAT surprised me. I mean, they just let go in the 2nd half and particularly the last quarter. I was really surprised as they just seemed to lose their spirit and you can't do that. Because there are always come from behind victories. But that said, I'm still happy about my Gators and the TN game has ALWAYS been a family favorite around here. It usually happens near my dad's birthday and its always been his favorite and we have a couple family stories about this matchup that are near famous.

(Bama, I still feel bad for your son though.)

ETA: about those Bama boys, aren't all of us fans obnoxious about our teams?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2574491ET
    about those Bama boys, aren't all of us fans obnoxious about our teams?
    Yes...but these are 14/15 year old boys and heaven only knows at that age they are obnoxious about anything and everything and always to the nth degree about it too!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2574500;
    Yes...but these are 14/15 year old boys and heaven only knows at that age they are obnoxious about anything and everything and always to the nth degree about it too!
    Oh yeah, thats a FUN age. He should tell them they don't have much room to talk as Bama had an awful season last year. (see this is the thinking behind the "there's always next year" because Bama fans were saying that LAST year.

+ Reply to Thread