+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2007

Re: College Football 2007

At least they have a successor in place for Bobby. Maybe this will push him out the door. then Joe Pa can go another year and have more wins, then they can push him out the door.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Adult Beverage;2728406;
    At least they have a successor in place for Bobby. Maybe this will push him out the door. then Joe Pa can go another year and have more wins, then they can push him out the door.
    I don't think Bowden has actively coached for years now. I keep expecting him to announce his retirement every year and he never does. Personally I think he's going to stay there till he dies, then they'll stuff him and wheel him out to the sidelines every game. Maybe Disney can do some animatronic stuff on him after that so that he still looks like he's coaching!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adult Beverage;2728406;
    JoePa has no plans on going anywhere. He said he has a few more good years in him. I love it!
    Wake up and be awesome

How long until he's roaming the sidelines in a Rascal wheel chair wearing a Life Alert bracelet in case he falls and can't get up?

I'll admit he's forgotten more about football than I''l ever know. A whole lot more.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Adult Beverage;2729662;
    How long until he's roaming the sidelines in a Rascal wheel chair wearing a Life Alert bracelet in case he falls and can't get up?

I'll admit he's forgotten more about football than I''l ever know. A whole lot more.
    Isn't the reason he spends parts of some games in the locker room instead of on the sideline because it helps him to avoid the Rascal wheel chair?

They say he's in the locker room. He's actually wandering the stadium lost, looking for his choo-choo he lost 70 years ago.

FORT Fogey

I cannot believe that South Carolina has hired Brian VanGorder as DC. Talk about the clash of the egos between him and Spurrier. Plus this makes five jobs in five years for this guy, why does anyone keep hiring him?? It sure isn't because he's good.

Last year or the year before, he had to coach from the box because during a game, some players ran into him and knocked him down. He sprained or broke some part of his leg. This year he runs out of the tunnel with the team like he always has. Pretty good for someone who turns 81 tomorrow, don't you think?
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2729942;
    Last year or the year before, he had to coach from the box because during a game, some players ran into him and knocked him down. He sprained or broke some part of his leg. This year he runs out of the tunnel with the team like he always has. Pretty good for someone who turns 81 tomorrow, don't you think?
    To me, success at 81 means you're retired.

I was at a game played in the horseshoe a couple of years ago when he was not on the field because he was either sick or was having hip problems or something. So he hasn't been on the sidelines for more than just one game, and they're not all due to players running in to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2729945;
    To me, success at 81 means you're retired.

I was at a game played in the horseshoe a couple of years ago when he was not on the field because he was either sick or was having hip problems or something. So he hasn't been on the sidelines for more than just one game, and they're not all due to players running in to him.
    I was also at that game, Veruka. He had the flu and had to leave the game to vomit. He wasn't having "hip problems". My brother was watching the game on TV and called to tell me that's what the announcers said. I think he came back once during the first half then stayed off the field in the second half.
    Wake up and be awesome

+ Reply to Thread