+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2007

MRD

Re: College Football 2007

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;2557659;
    My 'Noles lost last night to Clemson. Though at least they looked better in the 2nd half and made it close at the end-- 1st half was just terrible.

However, my UCF Knights beat NC State.

Edit, for mods- Just saw the thread about notification for you guys when hotlinking images from your own site in the Announcements forum; in my posts I'll occasionally link smilies like the one above-- they are linked from pakasdollmaker.com, which is my own domain.
    As a now Clemson fan (have to be here, no choice. ) it was nice to see Bowden beating Bowden.
    Pre-season the sports pundits were worried that Florida's only hard game would be FSU. I think we have more hard games to worry about as they are conference games and FSU is not. But as we've beat FSU 3 years running, I would like to see that continue.

Our season opener was a yawnfest. But hey, we played W. Kentucky. This week is Troy. I'm looking forward to the 15th when we play Tenn. Our first conference game and always a favorite game of mine.

Was surprised to see Florida be speculated to be in the top 5. With a brand new defense this year, I'm going to be surprised if they can stop the likes of LSU, Auburn, GA,SC, etc.
    Our offense looks good. But we lost a LOT of very key players last year. Have a couple that stuck around, but who knows. I think it will be very different than last year. Hopefully exciting and good, but I'm being realistic and not holding out for a trip to the national game again this year.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2557716;
    I didn't think Michigan would get completely dumped from the polls. Slapped silly, yes, but not dumped. They are, after all, Michigan (yes, that means something), and Saturday's aberration is unlikely to be repeated any time soon.
    Did you see that they've changed the voting procedures now because of this game? Last week they apparently wouldn't let people vote for App State and with the volume of complaints they've changed. So they're anticipating App State being in the Top 25 next week (barring any stupid performance tomorrow, of course.)
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Virginia Tech vs. LSU, will be a really interesting match up, it should be a great game.

Well Joe Paterno is just one win behind Bobby Bowden for the all time leader in wins, hopefully by the end of the season Joe will pass him.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2562540;
    Well Joe Paterno is just one win behind Bobby Bowden for the all time leader in wins, hopefully by the end of the season Joe will pass him.
    Heh. It's pretty safe to say that Penn State will win at least 2 games this year.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Why? Are they playing Michigan State?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I'll be at the Penn State/Notre Dame game today, floating amongst the others in a sea of white. I bet it will look amazing on TV.

I was watching College GameDay this morning and Corso picked LSU to beat VT. I think I agree with that. He also picked Michigan to bounce back and win today. I really hope they do. I do not like Michigan, but I want the Big Ten conference to do well this week.

Good luck to everyone's favorite teams today!
    Wake up and be awesome

MRD

I'm so frustrated that I can't get the Florida/Troy game today. I missed last weeks rout/season opener because I was out of town. Today's game is PPV and its not available in my area. ARRGGHH!!! Granted its just Troy, but I have yet to see my Gators play this year.

I can get the audio feed on my computer, but darnit, its not the same.
    I can get the replay on SUN tomorrow morning, but again, its not the same as a live game.

At least next weeks conference opener against TN will be on CBS.

And I've got wings in the freezer just waiting for game day.

I'm stuck watching Alabama and Vandy right now. Not a happy camper or should that be not a happy Gator.

I'm also pulling for Joe Paterno to beat Bowden in the record books. Bowden is way past his prime and needs to retire. Although as long as he stays, Florida stands good chances of continuing to beat FSU.

Well going to go troll the tv channels to see if Clemson is on today. If I can't watch the Gators, I might as well watch the "local" college team.

MRD

Well I'm cruisin' FORT and listening to a webcast of the Gator Game. 35-7 in the first part of the 2nd quarter. Wish I was watching it.

Alabama beat Vandy, Clemson won with a huge score and SC is beating GA at the moment.

We love this here in Columbus. It's twice as sweet for me as 2 of my cooks are Michigan fans. I'm loving this.
    ESPN - Ducks roll as Wolverines suffer worst loss since '68 - NCAA College Football Recap
    Ducks roll as Wolverines suffer worst loss since '68
    Ducks Hunt Down Michigan 39-7

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) -- Michigan got embarrassed again, just in a different way.

A week after being upset by Appalachian State, the Wolverines were handed their most-lopsided loss in 39 years as Dennis Dixon and the Ducks cruised 39-7 on Saturday. Dixon accounted for 368 yards and a career-high four touchdowns.

Michigan (0-2) has opened a season with two straight losses at home for the first time since 1959 and has dropped four straight, dating to last season, for the first time in four decades.

Unlike the stunning loss to the second-tier Mountaineers, the Wolverines didn't even keep it close against Oregon. The 32-point setback was Michigan's worst since losing 50-14 at Ohio State in 1968, the season before Bo Schembechler's debut in Ann Arbor.

Michigan hasn't won a game since Schembechler died the day before the Ohio State game last year.

The Ducks (2-0) beat Houston handily in its opener, then were even more dominant against a once-proud program that boasts the most wins and best winning percentage in college football.

Dixon led the way with his arm and feet, throwing for 292 yards and tying a career high with three passing TDs -- to three receivers -- and running for 76 yards and a score. Jonathan Stewart ran for 111 yards and a TD.

Michigan's Chad Henne sailed an ill-advised pass into double coverage that was intercepted with the ease of a punt return and a lower-leg injury knocked him out of the game for the second half.

The Wolverines led 7-3 late in the first quarter on Henne's touchdown pass and stopped the Ducks on a fourth-and-goal at the 1 early in the fourth.

Between those two plays, Oregon seemed to do whatever it wanted against Michigan.

The Ducks led 32-7 at halftime and coasted to the victory against little resistance.

Michigan Stadium's aisles filled with fans that had seen enough after Oregon made it 39-7 in the third quarter and the Big House was so quiet that a small pocket of Oregon supporters could be heard chanting: "Let's Go Ducks! Let's Go Ducks!"

Dixon and the Ducks' spread offense, which is similar to what Appalachian State runs, had its way. Oregon racked up 624 yards, the second-highest total by a Michigan opponent in its 128 years of football.

But what was startling was Michigan's inability to score with an offense widely regarded as one of the nation's best a little more than a week ago.

Henne was just 12-of-23 for 172 yards with a touchdown, which tied John Navarre's school record of 72.

Mike Hart, who was hobbled for the second straight week, had 127 yards rushing for the Wolverines, who host Notre Dame next week.

+ Reply to Thread