+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2007

MRD

Re: College Football 2007

Well I'm getting ready for the World's Biggest Outdoor Cocktail Party on Sat.
    Florida and Georgia.

I remember my parents telling me stories about taking the train to Jacksonville for this game and it was a non-stop party from Miami to Jax and then a non-stop party throughout the game and all the way home.

Of course, they don't call it that "officially" anymore. But its still a really fun game. Be even better if Florida beats UGA.

Since I can't be there and I can't drink right now, I will be having my own little party in my living room. Maybe with virgin Margaritas. Go Gators!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2623432;
    ESPN's College Gameday announced today that they are coming to State College for the big Penn State vs. Ohio State game this weekend!!

Saddle up, Unk.
    We'll be ready to tame those Nitanny Lions.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana;2622783;

...I am just sneaking in...not smack talking.
    MSU vs. OSU was one of the best games I watched this weekend.
    Broadway - I was really thinking the Spartans were gonna pull it off.
    Unk - Your boys did great.
    I believe OSU is the real deal. Yes, it pains me to admit it. Even if my boys win every game the rest of the year, the fact is they LOST to APPALACHIAN STATE for the love of Pete.

Speaking of of good ole CrApp State, they were beaten on Saturday by the Georgia Southern Eagles, breaking their 30 game home winning streak!!

Go Eagles!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2555622;
    I still hate CrApp State and always will. It will make it even sweeter when my team goes to Boone and beats them this year.

I know it is silly to reply to yourself, but just thought I would drag up this prediction from way back at the beginning of September.

Go Eagles!!

Another Thursday night game, featuring another #2 team, playing in another away game, against another team who everyone forgets how good they are.

Will it strike midnight for #2 BC?

And this weekend #4 Arizona State plays Cal, who recently was #2.

#5 Oregon plays USC, who was #1 earlier.

Only slightly safer are #1 OSU at Penn State and #3 LSU at Alabama.

Crazy season

Only slightly safer are #1 OSU at Penn State and #3 LSU at Alabama.
    I don't feel safe going into Happy Valley. Those Nitany Lions are mean to us!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Adult, did you see the 2005 PSU/OSU game? The Buckeyes are never safe in Happy Valley!! Oh yeah, and don't forget it's #1 Ohio State vs. #24 Penn State.

Newf

You shouldn't feel safe. Those Nittany Lions will be ready to rock!!

The buzz around Gameday coming is amazing. Students have been camping out at the stadium for a week at "Paternoville". A White Out is planned and the student section is also going to have blue glow sticks. Everyone will be screaming. It's going to be a super hostile environment for sure.

It's going to be a tough and physical game! I'm so excited because I'll be there!
    Last edited by AshleyPSU; 10-23-2007 at 09:05 PM.
    Wake up and be awesome

Don't mean to state the obvious but it will be OSU's defense against PSU's offense, and OSU's offense against PSU's defense. Still kinda like OSU's chances (unless Boeckman decides to give away 2 touchdowns again).

The gist of my previous post more concerned the less traditional teams making the top 5, and how long they will stick around. In the end, will we have 2 normal contenders in the championship game, or will one of the new faces make it through?

Yay Mark Sanchez is going to start for USC at Oregon this saturday! He may be number 2, but he tries harder!!

Hoping my Trojans pull this off! Fight On.
    Tahoe bound....

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Adult Beverage;2626317;
    Don't mean to state the obvious but it will be OSU's defense against PSU's offense, and OSU's offense against PSU's defense. Still kinda like OSU's chances (unless Boeckman decides to give away 2 touchdowns again).

The gist of my previous post more concerned the less traditional teams making the top 5, and how long they will stick around. In the end, will we have 2 normal contenders in the championship game, or will one of the new faces make it through?

Personally, I like to see the non-traditional teams have a shot at it. Why should the national championship game always be the "normal" teams that have had multiple shots at the title?

Yeah, I loved it last year when the Gators won, but we've only won the national title 2 times in 100 years of football.

But sometimes I like to root for the underdog, in this case, USF.

If a team plays well, wins all their games (or most of them), wins their conference, why shouldn't they have a shot at it.
    I think it gets boring when its always the same old "powerhouse" teams always getting to the title game.

I think any college football team out there should have a chance to play for the title if they are good enough and win games and not just the same 20 or so schools that always seem to make it through every year.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread