+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2007

Re: College Football 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2614755;
    Better call Tressel, we're in for it now!
    Yeah yeah.... big sweater vest wearing wuss Tressel.

I heard that Michigan State is working on a new play Instead of curling up in a fetal position and playing dead when given the ball the running backs are going to actually try to move toward the line of scrimmage . Progress on this play is slow--one of the defensive linemen wore a Tressel mask as a joke, and the entire offensive line wet themselves.

"The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Sorry Unk, but OSU hasn't played anybody of talent yet. Looking at the rest of the schedule, there isn't much difficulty there either. PSU and Michigan are Ok, but it's not as if they are going to play Florida, LSU or CAL. Their SOS is not very good. I think it would be a travesty for them to run the table and then get creamed in the NC game like last year.

On the other hand, if that happens then the BCS would surely get a make-over or a play-off system might finally happen.

It is certainly a strange year for college football. I doubt that the upset bug is finished. Who will get it next?
    Tahoe bound....

I think it would be a travesty for them to run the table and then get creamed in the NC game like last year.
    It is certainly a strange year for college football. I doubt that the upset bug is finished.
    But that's why they play the games, including the NC game. Lot of upsets this year. Just ask Florida, LSU and CAL. No reason OSU can't get it done.

And who will get it next? This year's cinderella plays (USF) johnny-come-lately (Rutgers) tomorrow. Guess I'm just getting old, stupid parity anyway.

I know one thing for sure & I have been saying it for 3 years now. The Arkansas Razorbacks are never going to get over the hump with Houston Nutt at the helm. 2 years ago he was on a plane to Nebraska to become the new head coach. Frank Broyles talked him into staying with a new contract & a big raise. I thought then & I stiil think that they should have fueld the plane & given it a priority departure & sent the man on his way.

Heard some talking hair on ESPNradio that he will probably be out at the end of the season. Not sure validity of rumor, or if in fact Joe Torre is being considered as a replacement.

Last year OSU defeated the then #2 team in the nation (Texas) in Austin 24-7, #13 Iowa at Iowa City and #2 Michigan at the Shoe. They certainly deserved to be in the BCS last year. This year I have to agree their SOS is lame. OSU doesn't hide from teams, scheduling Texas and Notre Dame to games will prove that. We did have Washington, who has had a good team in previous years on the schedule early this year and did also beat #20 Purdue in West Lafayette. I don't actually know how far in advance their out of conference games are scheduled, but OSU doesn't hide amongst weak Division II teams. The Akrons, Bowling Greens and Kent States are put in to assist other state run schools with big paychecks and recruiting. Get a boy to go to Akron by telling him he will be playing in the Shoe against OSU is a great recruiting tool.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 10-17-2007 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2616302;
    I heard that Michigan State is working on a new play Instead of curling up in a fetal position and playing dead when given the ball the running backs are going to actually try to move toward the line of scrimmage . Progress on this play is slow--one of the defensive linemen wore a Tressel mask as a joke, and the entire offensive line wet themselves.

You must not know anything about our running backs, Newf. Both of ours are in the top 3.. one for rushing yards and the other for scoring.

No one from OSU to be found.....

I agree that scheduling is one of those things that can go both ways as they are done so far in advance. Schools in the pac10 have to play all other pac10 teams, that doesn't leave much room for playing outside their conference. Add in the annual Notre Dame game and it gives them one more or possibly 2 out of conference games for teams like Stanford, USC and UCLA.

Every kid wants to play in the "big arena" playing for schools whose games are on national tv every week. If they aren't the cream of crop kids, then even a single game in the spotlight is a plus.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2617010;
    No one from OSU to be found.....
    That's because it's a team effort at OSU. There is no I in team. (groan)

+ Reply to Thread