+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2007

MRD

Re: College Football 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Adult Beverage;2593608;
    Hate to jinx my team, but after all the upsets this weekend, the Buckeyes are sitting at #4. LSU has to play Florida. Cal and USC have to play each other.

South Florida in the Top 10 (#6 in AP)? It's a nice story and they're a good team, but let's not get carried away. Guess someone from the Big East has to be in there, for the BCS' sake (since that Rutgers juggernaut - and media darling - lost).
    I'm glad to see USF in the top ten. They did well last year and are doing great this year. Doesn't even bother me that they are ranked above Florida now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My goodness, looks who has managed to climb into 4th place!

O-H-I-O

Yea Unk! Glad to see the Buckeyes coming back after the disastrous NC game last year.

Just think, if LSU falls to Florida and USC falls to Cal, You'll be number 1! If you remain unbeaten.

Good luck this weekend.

Fight On!
    Tahoe bound....

Overly cautious Buckeye fan here. If LSU loses, and Cal beats USC, Cal would be #1, but Buckeyes should be #2 which still puts them in good shape. Would they be able to hold off Florida for #2 if Florida beats LSU and win the rest of their games (including a potential rematch with LSU in SEC championship game)? And what about USF

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

USC all the way! I'll be at the SC-Stanford game this coming Saturday! "Here we go Trojans, here we go!"

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Hey did you guys hear about the Michigan fiasco? Apparently they were using an ineligible player during the Notre Dame and Penn State games and the Big Ten is deciding right now if they have to forfeit those games or not. If they do, Notre Dame will have a win on their record, and PSU will have a win in the Big Ten. It could really shake things up.

Here is the story

ANN ARBOR, Mich. - The Big Ten may take up to three weeks to decide whether to discipline Michigan’s football program for using an ineligible player.

Athletic director Bill Martin said he didn’t know whether penalties, if any, might include forfeiture of the Wolverines’ 14-9 victory over then-No. 10 Penn State on Sept. 22. It was one of three games in which freshman safety Artis Chambers played this season. A victory over Notre Dame also is in jeopardy.

Martin said Saturday that the university immediately contacted the Big Ten after learning that Chambers was ineligible under the conference’s freshman rules. Chambers, who enrolled at Michigan in January, cannot play the remainder of the season and did not travel with the team for Saturday’s game at Northwestern. The Fort Wayne, Ind., native can still practice with the Wolverines.

Big Ten spokesman Scott Chipman declined Monday to elaborate on the process a compliance subcommittee would use in determining possible sanctions against Michigan.

Martin and athletic department spokesman Bruce Madej said Monday that they could not talk about Chambers’ case because of privacy laws. Coach Lloyd Carr refused to discuss the situation at his weekly news conference Monday.

Martin acknowledged Saturday that the university had misinterpreted Big Ten freshman eligibility rules.

“Obviously, I take full responsibility for that,” he said. “This isn’t on Lloyd — it’s on us.”

Martin said he hoped the matter would be resolved sometime this week.
    Michigan may have to forfeit Penn St., ND wins - College football - MSNBC.com
    Wake up and be awesome

I can't wait to get to work to harass my Michigan fan employees.

Don't harass yet, Unk!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Wow! And we thought last Saturday was already dramatic enough. Oh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2597696;
    Don't harass yet, Unk!
    Believe me, it's all good. They gave me hell about the solicitation incident.
    Even if there are no repercussions I've still got to say something.

+ Reply to Thread