+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Federal grand jury indicts Vick in dogfighting case

Re: N F L 2007

I would like the commish to stop tap dancing around their darling boy and suspend him. Instead, they're trying to encourage Vick to voluntarily take a leave of absence. What? Huh?

Goodell has used the "code of conduct" clause for suspending other players since taking office, even on those who were never charged in a court of law.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2484480;
    I would like the commish to stop tap dancing around their darling boy and suspend him. Instead, they're trying to encourage Vick to voluntarily take a leave of absence. What? Huh?

Goodell has used the "code of conduct" clause for suspending other players since taking office, even on those who were never charged in a court of law.
    I agree. He was so adament about following the codes of conduct for all the other players. He kept making it clear he was just following the rules when he suspended all of the other players. Just because Vick's higher profile all of a sudden it seems like it's a different ballgame.
    If you're going to insist on following the rules and setting that type of standard then keep it consistent. Otherwise, it becomes a joke.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

From what I've heard, the players association and others are encouraging Vick to take a leave of absense until things are resolved. I hope he takes their advice because, guilty or not, this is a HUGE distraction to that team.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2484624;
    From what I've heard, the players association and others are encouraging Vick to take a leave of absense until things are resolved. I hope he takes their advice because, guilty or not, this is a HUGE distraction to that team.
    I think the league should suspend him, but if they refuse, Vick should take a leave of absence. It will be a distraction to the team. If I went to a game an he was playing I would be really tempted to boo and hiss whenever he touched the ball. Innocent of not, the fighting took place at his house that had special dog fighting buildings built on the property. NFL players don't spend that much time on the road to allow that to happen without their knowledge.

Dog fighting is so vile and cruel and the allegations show that those involved are savage monsters.

What ever happened to the two NFL players who commented to the media that dog fighting was no big deal? I can't remember their names but they were defending Vick.

Leo
    Premium Member

If Vick were to be suspended or go on a leave of absence, would the Falcons have to pay him this upcoming season?

Leo- from listening to ESPN radio yesterday, I believe it would be a paid leave of absence providing Vick chooses to do it on his own. Suspension might be whole other ball of wax.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Fanatic

I can't believe that Vick could earn $6 million dollars for staying home, not playing and going to court. This sets a terrible example for the league. Goodell is such a hard ass, well now's the time to really show it. He needs to suspend Vick for 1 year w/o pay. If a jury acquits him, then by all means welcome him back into the league. If he's convicted (as he should be) then the ban is lifetime.

Oh, I dunno. Ray Lewis was accused of murdering two men, and never got suspended. He even went to trial, although the murder charges were eventually dropped, he did plead guilty to obstruction of justice. He has also paid a large sum of money to a child of one of the deceased men, avoiding a civil wrongful death suit that was scheduled to begin shortly thereafter.

The only punishment the NFL issued him is a $250k fine.

And, Ray Lewis had the benefit of the justice system running its course, something Michael Vick has yet to enjoy in this case.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Lewis was under the old regime which the new commissioner Goodell is trying to set himself apart from.

He was cleaning up the league. He wasn't taking crap from nobody until the $100million kid came along. Suddenly, he went soft.

FORT Fanatic

Should be very interesting the way this one plays out. I really hope it's resolved (as far as whether Vick plays or not) before the regular season starts. The league does not need this as a distraction.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!

Denver doesn't even play the Falcons this season. But still I think Vick needs to be punished. (if he's convicted) What he's accused of is completely heinous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast