+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rams' Warner out with broken little finger

Rams' Warner out with broken little finger

From FoxSports.com:
    ST. LOUIS (AP) Rams quarterback Kurt Warner left Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys with a broken little finger on his throwing hand and did not return.
    Warner went for X-rays soon after being intercepted by Greg Ellis on a screen pass about six minutes into the game. He was 1-for-2 for 17 yards.

It's the second time Warner has broken that finger. He was injured in a game at Kansas City in October 2000, and missed the next five games.

Warner will be evaluated Monday morning to determine if surgery is required.

Warner, the NFL's MVP last season, has thrown eight interceptions to just one touchdown pass.

The Rams' backup quarterback, Jamie Martin, entered with 5:15 left in the first quarter and the Rams trailing 7-0 as Warner, still in uniform, donned a headset near midfield. Warner remained on the sideline with the headset on and his hand heavily bandaged.

Martin, 32, missed most of the preseason with a mild shoulder separation and was 11-for-15 with no touchdowns and no interceptions. He has one career NFL start, in 1998 with the Jacksonville Jaguars, and last year appeared in five games for the Rams and was 3-for-3 for 22 yards.
    Better update those fantasy picks!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I don't mean to snicker, but good thing this isn't hockey. You'd tape it up and be on your merry way.

Really eny. I heard about someone being pulled in a baseball game because they had a BLISTER. Yeah right that would happen in hockey. Tie Domi: STOP THE GAME! STOP THE GAME! I HAVE A BLISTER!

Forsberg played with a broken finger in game seven vs Detroit (fat lot of good it did us though. Sigh)

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Not to mention Stevie Y's knee, Sundins wrist,Darcy Tuckers shoulder.

Ryan Smyth skating off the ice by himself when he broke his ankle, Chris Pronger skating off the ice when he ruptured his ACL, Rob Blake playing with a fractured hip or whatever it was. Then there was Jeff O'Neill playing with that puck eye....

Don Cherry said hockey boys are the toughest of any, because they're told to suck it up and get back out. The rest of the sports are played by a bunch of whimpering babies.

This might be a blessing in disguise for St. Louis since Kurt seems to be having problems throwing the ball to his own teammates.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

Don't Pick on my Rammies

They can't help it. Kurt has been hurting all season. I have even heard his shoulder is bothering him.

They did surgery and he is going to out until at least week 10
    RandysMom
    Don't Dream It....BE IT

+ Reply to Thread