+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 311

Thread: NFL - Football 2007

  1. #301
    LG.
    LG. is offline
    FORT Writer LG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    frozen tundra
    Posts
    14,060

    Re: NFL - Football 2007

    ah, I'm saddened, but not surprised, to hear that Brett has retired. Guess I'll need to hang on to my avatar a little while longer. You had a great run, buddy, and Packers fans (and many non-Packers football fans) thank you for your hard work.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

  2. #302
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: NFL - Football 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2823480;
    (and many non-Packers football fans) thank you for your hard work.
    Truly one of the best. Hall Of Fame on the first ballot without a doubt. A throwback to the old days in my opinion. Take it easy Brett, you've earned it.

  3. #303
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: NFL - Football 2007

    I put him right up there with Bart Starr. Even though I am not a football fan, I want to post THANK YOU Bret! Best wishes for your future.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  4. #304
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: NFL - Football 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2823886;
    I put him right up there with Bart Starr. Even though I am not a football fan, I want to post THANK YOU Bret! Best wishes for your future.
    Too late to Edit - I forgot the second t.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  5. #305
    Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    6,521

    Re: NFL - Football 2007

    Not only was Favre a class act and a heck of a player... he wasn't too hard on the eyes either.

    Speaking of other QBs who aren't hard on the eyes... Big Ben signed an 8 year contract extension with the Steelers. Yay.

    PITTSBURGH - Talk about a comeback. Ben Roethlisberger signed an eight-year extension Monday with the Pittsburgh Steelers that is worth $102 million and makes him one of the league's top-paid players. "He's a Steeler and he'll always be a Steeler," team chairman Dan Rooney said.

    The agreement comes after Roethlisberger re-established himself as one of the NFL's best quarterbacks last season, and nearly two years after his life and career were threatened by a motorcycle crash. The accident happened a few months after he led the Steelers to a Super Bowl victory.

    Roethlisberger's contract guarantees him $36 million and is easily the largest in the Steelers' 76-season history. The quarterback, who turned 26 Sunday, gets $25 million immediately as a signing bonus....



    Big Ben signs 8-year deal with Steelers - Yahoo! News
    Wake up and be awesome

  6. #306
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,131

    Re: NFL - Football 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2824319;
    Not only was Favre a class act and a heck of a player... he wasn't too hard on the eyes either.

    I'm sad for me, but happy for him. I'm sure I'll still wear my #4 jersey on game days, though!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  7. #307
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,319

    Re: NFL - Football 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2824319;
    Speaking of other QBs who aren't hard on the eyes... Big Ben signed an 8 year contract extension with the Steelers. Yay.



    Quote:
    PITTSBURGH - Talk about a comeback. Ben Roethlisberger signed an eight-year extension Monday with the Pittsburgh Steelers that is worth $102 million and makes him one of the league's top-paid players. "He's a Steeler and he'll always be a Steeler," team chairman Dan Rooney said.

    The agreement comes after Roethlisberger re-established himself as one of the NFL's best quarterbacks last season, and nearly two years after his life and career were threatened by a motorcycle crash. The accident happened a few months after he led the Steelers to a Super Bowl victory.

    Roethlisberger's contract guarantees him $36 million and is easily the largest in the Steelers' 76-season history. The quarterback, who turned 26 Sunday, gets $25 million immediately as a signing bonus....
    The only thing about this kind of deal is that, usually, the majority of the money is on the back end of this kind of contract, and the owners don't expect the players to make it that far, and these contracts are written to favor the owners, and not the players. Many a contract is never fulfilled, and it's the players that walk away with very little. I'm not convinced that Ben makes good enough decisions off the field to make it that far. But, then again, maybe they've taken a part of the idiocy factor out and have written in a clause that says "keep your stupid arse off motorcycles". And with no helmet, nonetheless. Not the smartest man. It's amazing how good looks can hide stupid all day long!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #308
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: NFL - Football 2007

    I wish someone would take advantage of me with a $25 million signing bonus up front.

  9. #309
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,319

    Re: NFL - Football 2007

    I wonder how much of that he will realize after he pays everybody that he has to pay? Agent, IRS, etc.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  10. #310
    LG.
    LG. is offline
    FORT Writer LG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    frozen tundra
    Posts
    14,060

    Re: NFL - Football 2007

    I saw an interview with Rothlisberger after his motorcycle crash and he agreed that riding without a helmet was really, really dumb and he wasn't going to do it again. If that is the case, then I'll admire him for recognizing that was young and dumb and is lucky to be alive after that crash. He's one of my favorite players (ever since I drafted him onto my fantasy league team when he was a rookie), and he beefcake too boot, so I'm happy he got a nice contract and hope that he's grown up some and has stopped taking stupid risks.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.