+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: NFL - Football 2007

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: NFL - Football 2007

The Giants defensive line were the true heroes of the game last night!! They wore Brady out and contained that offensive line!!! Without them, it would have been the Patriots game. I really didn't care about the Giants before last night...but today, I Thank Them!!!! Took those arrogant Patriots down a peg!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2751934;
    That's a word I've never associated with Brady!!

well Unk, he looked pretty humble this morning........
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Quote Originally Posted by taracran;2781504;
    How about those Giants! Way to go.

:nono What was up with the Pats coach leaving the field before the game was officially over. What a poor sport and a big baby!

That is NOT TRUE. He went and said congrats.......where did you get this info from? :nono Bill is a class act.

Although I'm a Jets fan, I was rooting hard for the Giants and was delighted with the win and the real heart they showed. I would have rooted equally as hard for the Packers if they had made it this far. If ABC were still showing Wide World of Sports, I'm sure they would recut the opening montage to include Eli's amazing scramble and Tyree's even more amazing catch and hold. That was one fantastic play.

I cannot help but notice that the Pats, although they did keep winning, were not nearly as dominant after the exposure of the illegal taping. Perhaps without that edge, they were just not quite as far above the rest of the field as they were with it. It did seem a little karmic to me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I think the Giants deserve respect for the win. If the Patriots played badly I think it was because the Giants caused them to. The Giants defense was outstanding. They did something no one had successfully done all year. They shook Brady up. They caused him to lose confidence. Let's face it. After most games Brady doesn't have to wash his uniform. However, yesterday he was uncerimoniously thrown to the ground 22 times, not including the 5 sacks. For a quarterback not known for his ability to scramble, that had to be a major reason for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;2781550;
    So are you still out the money?

Wow! Can I just say, WOW!

Eli throwing that pass with 35 seconds left on the clock made me jump out of my seat (as well as my Mom) and we aren't even Giants fans lol! Loved the shots of Peyton seeing his little bro score and eventually win!

Definite congrats to the Giants!! Even though I am a diehard Browns fan, I am all for Eli Manning !!

Oh yeah. I lost a few bucks. Great game. Probably best Superbowl ever.

Good for the Giants.

My father would be happy.

The Patriots are still an amazing team. They (the teams) IMO are a bunch of classy guys.

I'm happy for the Giants but, sad for my friends and especially avid crazy family that are all Pat's fans.

What a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2781561;
    Great game! So happy for the Giants. What a bunch of poor losers the Patriots are. Osi Umenyiora is my favourite guy. In fact all the Giants D-Men were my MVPs.

excuse me, but the Patriots showed nothing but respect for the Giants?

Where are some of you getting this poor loser stuff from?

They handled their loss prettty well IMHO
    Last edited by JamiLee; 02-04-2008 at 06:50 PM. Reason: THEY WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR WATCH OUT

Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee;2782222;
    That is NOT TRUE. He went and said congrats.......where did you get this info from? :nono Bill is a class act.
    I'm pretty sure I watched him leave the field with 1 or 2 seconds left on the clock. Guess I'll have to go check the TiVo.

Uncle David is 100% right. After Brady's last incompletion, Belichick ran onto the field. One of the officials came over to tell him that the Giants had to run one play on offense to run out the :02 left on the clock, but Belichick essentially brushed right past the official, congratulated Coughlin and booked it for the tunnel. THEN, the officials cleared the field and Eli took the knee. Belichick was definitely out of there before the last official play. I saw the replay on PTI earlier, and both guys, IIRC, chided him for that one.

That aside, classy isn't the first word that comes to mind when I think of Belichick.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2782270;
    Uncle David is 100% right.
    Thanks Missy! Saves me from having to relive that 'Great Moment in Unsportsmanlike Conduct'.

ETA: I will say this, (and God knows I never expected to utter these words in my lifetime) Randy Moss deserves credit for the way he comported himself after the game.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 02-04-2008 at 07:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread