+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: NFL - Football 2007

LG.

Re: NFL - Football 2007

I'll agree with you on the Brett Favre hotness, but what's with "still"? He's always been hot. I remember his "acting" in There's Something About Mary, which wasn't great acting, but showed he had a sense of humor about himself. I liked that. With Brett, it has always been about football, and his sheer joy of the game, they way he jumps around after every touchdown, even when the Pack is down and out (which over his 17 year career has happened plenty). He's not playing football to be some big star, he does it to play football, and I love that about Brett. Even though Peyton Manning does commericals for every product known to mankind I get the impression that he doesn't take himself completely seriously either, so I like that. Unlike the impression I get about some NFL stars *cough,TomBrady,cough*
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I love when athletes are self-deprecating in movies. I sat in a London movie theater laughing my ass off when Abdul-Jabbar did his thing in Airplane. Unfortunately, I was the only person in the theater who got the joke.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Leo
    Premium Member

ESPN - Dolphins hire Sparano as head coach, replacing Cameron - NFL

Dolphins hire Sparano as head coach, replacing Cameron

By Len Pasquarelli
    ESPN.com
    (Archive)

Updated: January 16, 2008, 10:47 AM ET

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Dallas Cowboys assistant head coach Tony Sparano is the new Miami Dolphins head coach.

A four-year deal was completed Wednesday morning. Financial terms are not known yet.

Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland, who most recently worked in the Cowboys personnel department as vice president of college and pro scouting, is familiar with Sparano and his coaching style. And Dolphins vice president of football operations Bill Parcells hired Sparano as an assistant when Parcells was the Cowboys' coach.

Tabbed as the favorite almost immediately after Parcells dismissed Cam Cameron after only one season on the job, Sparano was one of four candidates to have interviewed with Miami officials. The club also met with defensive coordinators Leslie Frazier of Minnesota and Jim Schwartz of Tennessee, and former Baltimore defensive coordinator Rex Ryan.

Sparano, 46, also interviewed for the head coach openings in Atlanta and Baltimore.

Tony Sparano

Sparano

Although he has worked in the league only nine seasons, Sparano is widely respected for his offensive acumen and his demeanor with the players. Before joining the Dallas staff in 2003, Sparano was on the staffs of Cleveland (1999-2000), Washington (2001), and Jacksonville (2002).

Before landing his first NFL position, Sparano worked 15 years in the college ranks and was head coach at New Haven from 1994 to 1998.

He worked primarily with the Cowboys' offensive line this season. But when Parcells was the coach, Sparano had much broader responsibilities. Although he didn't hold the title of coordinator, Sparano called the team's plays in 2006. Parcells is known to hold Sparano in high regard.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Big Tuna didn't take much time did he?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2755577;
    Big Tuna didn't take much time did he?
    That's what I was thinking... I remember seeing him in the press conference when he was hired he said
    " I'm Not gonna get into 'general managing' or 'coaching'" and I thought, that's a very polite way of saying "The first thing I'm gonna do is fire the general manager and the coach..."
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

LG I totally agree with what you posted. That's why I prefer college sports nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2755543;
    I'll agree with you on the Brett Favre hotness, but what's with "still"? He's always been hot. I remember his "acting" in There's Something About Mary, which wasn't great acting, but showed he had a sense of humor about himself. I liked that. With Brett, it has always been about football, and his sheer joy of the game, they way he jumps around after every touchdown, even when the Pack is down and out (which over his 17 year career has happened plenty). He's not playing football to be some big star, he does it to play football, and I love that about Brett. Even though Peyton Manning does commericals for every product known to mankind I get the impression that he doesn't take himself completely seriously either, so I like that. Unlike the impression I get about some NFL stars *cough,TomBrady,cough*
    I also love Favre and his just regular guy way of life. I am not a colts fan but I do love those Peyton Manning commercials he also seems to be having fun. Brady has this entitled Air about him and a smile that doesn't ring true.

Randy Moss accused of assault of some woman. I guess you can take the jerk out of a bad situation and he is always still going to be a Jerk. This Jerk is just disguised in the Patriot uniform.

LG.

Randy Moss is a total thug. I remember when he was living in Minnesota and he was arrested after RUNNING OVER a female traffic cop who was directing traffic and wouldn't let him got into the lane he wanted exactly when he wanted to go. Even though he redeemed his reputation as a top wide receiver this year, most folks in Minnesota don't miss him as he had written off the Vikings and wasn't going to bother to make the effort to work hard for the team long before he got traded. Randy plays as hard as he wants when he wants. Once it stops being about Randy, well you can just forget it. Asshat.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Wisgal...this is for you! Even though I'm in Seattle, this is the t-shirt I'll be wearing this Sunday and on Super Bowl Sunday

How I'd love to be in Wisconsin right now.

As with everyone else, I've been a Brett Favre fan for a number of years...since 1996 to be exact when I saw him play in Seattle in the Kingdome. What I love about him is his "big kid" quality and his love for the game of football. In last week's game I thought he showed his "big kid" side when he started throwing snowballs, and then it was like...oh yeah...we're playing a football game here.

I wish the Packers and Favre the best of luck this Sunday and hope to see them in the Super Bowl!

Gooooo Packers!!!
    Last edited by jette66; 01-19-2008 at 03:04 AM.

I love that shirt!

I think Farve is like Johnny U.....Farve is just no-nonsense and comes to the game to work.

There was an article that the Giants fans in GB are shocked at how nice people are there. That's why I am a Wisconsin-phile. The people are just 5 star fabulous and they support a great, wonderful team. (I am a born and bred New Yorker.)

Go Pack Go!!!!!!!!!!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread