+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sports pet peeves

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Sports pet peeves

One of my biggest pet peeves is when commercials (on the radio or TV) assume that women hate football. (I'm sure this is the case for other sports too, but since it's Sept/Oct timeframe I have noticed a lot of ads doing this again).

For instance, a department store was having a sale and the announcer on the radio said something about how you could get away from your husband who was watching football all day.

I thought to myself -- hey, what about me?! I watch more football than my husband does even! Damn sexist announcers

I giggle every time I see that DirecTV commercial with the gal who is a Green Bay fan!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I really like that DirecTV commercial where the wife wants all the sports channels, but the hokup guy assumes it's for the guy. Have you seen that one?

Yeah that is a great one!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

I used to be big time into baseball. New the batting order of all the AL teams and a bunch of other stats. Whenever I'd make some comment around guys they'd all look at me like I was crazy. "Gee, I just thought women watched baseball for the guys in tight pants"

Um, no. Very few men look good in tight pants.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Very few men look good in tight pants.
    !

That's why the guys who play hockey are so much hotter.

It blew my mind one day while I was watching HNIC and I saw an ad for Stayfree. I was like, hey! What's this? Not your usual Chevy Pickup ad or BF Goodrich Tire ad. You can always tell the demographic of a TV show based on the ads, BTW. Like watching Gilmore Girls, it's all friggen tampon ads and shampoo ads. Anyway. I hate it when guys are talking about hockey and then I'll join the conversation and they'll just stare at me and then they'll laugh or something and be like, what do you know about hockey woman. I'm like, probably just as much as you, freak. And then I go talk to eny or something.

It blew my mind one day while I was watching HNIC and I saw an ad for Stayfree.
    You're kidding!!! Well, good for the CBC.

One of my big pet peeves though was around the Olympics when they would talk to female fans and they'd say stuff like, "We'll win with Gretzky.. how can we lose?" And the interviewers would say stuff like, "Yeah, he's not actually playing, you know..." or other female fans that had no idea what they were talking about so they would just say things like, "Cujo's hot". I kept thinking.. thanks for keeping the stereotype alive, bee-yotch.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Some of the best conversation about sports at my store are started by Women.One lady knows more about sports than any of us guys and it constantly amazes new employees when we ask her questions.

Now if only the guys would quit picking on me because i watch chick flicks the world would be in harmony.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

My bf enjoys chick flicks too. When guys tease him about it, he just says "Yeah it was a chick flick, with a lot of chicks in it too. *wink*"

I like a chick flick every now and then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast