+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2007-2008

Re: Hockey 2007-2008

Anyone else looking forward to Boxing Day?! IIHF WJs!!!! I love the World Juniors! They're one of my favourite tournaments next to Hockey in the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2729371;
    Hmmm, I'm going to have to go with ... no. . I used to be a huge Pats fan, but I think I grew out of that. Now it's all about the guys that can grow facial hair without gluing it on!
    hahaha.

While I'm extremely pleased about the Flames 6 game winning streak, on the road (woot! ), I'm bummed about the last couple of Flames games. To top it off... I just found out Kipper was married.

Anyone else watching the outdoor Winter Classic game?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by twilite;2738447;
    Anyone else watching the outdoor Winter Classic game?
    Totally SWEET!

JR.

The idea was really cool and there was a ton of excitement, but the snow really slowed things down. Normally those are really fast teams, but they didn't look like it.

What really bothered me though, was the Sidney Crosby ass kissing party put on by NBC. If you didn't know hockey and just happened to tune in, you would think that there is no one else worth watching. He's good, we get it. Enough already. How about promoting some other guys in the league if you're trying to build a fan base?

It's better than hearing about the (in my opinion) self-centered narcassitic butt Jordan Tootoo.. Yuck!

Crosby is great, but I agree. The promotion of him is being far over done. Though it hasn't boostered Crosby's ego, it's sure inflated his father's.

Canada's going for GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2740678;
    What really bothered me though, was the Sidney Crosby ass kissing party put on by NBC. If you didn't know hockey and just happened to tune in, you would think that there is no one else worth watching. He's good, we get it. Enough already. How about promoting some other guys in the league if you're trying to build a fan base?
    Exact same thing happened at my school when we got Kyle Turris. Hockey is a team sport. Some players are amazing, but it's not like they can feed themselves the puck.

JR.

Anybody else watch the skills competition? What the hell happened to that? It was easily the worst I've seen since they've been doing them.

The fastest skater comp was a mess, the times were completely screwed up. They should go back to a lap, but have skaters go one at a time and have them choose which direction they want to go in.

The judging thing at the end was possibly the worst idea ever. You could tell the players were confused and didn't know whether to try and score or go for style points. Dominique and that actor kid had no idea what was going on, and it showed.

I usually look forward to this more than the game, but it was such a disappointment. By trying to make it better, they only made it worse.

It was a bitter disappointment. Bettman's not winning himself any favours.

+ Reply to Thread