+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2007-2008

Re: Hockey 2007-2008

It really has.
    I have to confess that, even though we get Center Ice so we can see out of town games, I don't think we watched a single Dallas game until the playoffs. We don't get to watch a lot of the western conference ones because they finish too late.
    When we saw the Stars in the playoffs it was a real eye-opener.
    Very entertaining.
    "That's Numberwang!"

To tell you the truth, I was afraid we wouldn't even make the playoffs towards the end of the season. Watching our guys step it up a notch has been a treat!

I've tried to get playoff tickets to no avail since the playoffs started. Hell or high water, I'm somehow getting my hands on tickets to one of the Western Conference games. I don't care if I have to sell a kidney to a scalper.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2959842;
    I think the Pens/Rangers games that I've seen have been very entertaining. I didn't see the second one as it was an afternoon game, but games one and three had points where they could have gone either way.
    The Pens have been very entertaining to watch and I don't want to say the series score so far is flattering them, but I think it could have been closer at this point than 3-0.
    My Rangers are cooked. Avery is out for the remainder of the season, and Drury didn't play most of last night (though I don't know why, I missed huge chunks of the game). If they have to lose to someone, though, I'd rather it was Pittsburgh rather than Montreal or Philly.

I was expecting a better series as well. The Rangers did great in the regular season against the Penguins.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I've been pleased with the action, given that I like both teams. I wish the result was closer so the series would go on longer.
    I don't want to completely write Rangers off, but it's not looking good for them
    Pittsburgh has been a real force this season though, even when Crosby was out for a number of games. Malkin and Sykora have really hit it off.
    Even Georges Laraque got in on the scoring last night.

To tell you the truth, I was afraid we wouldn't even make the playoffs towards the end of the season. Watching our guys step it up a notch has been a treat!
    I pay far less attention to the west than to the east and thought I heard at one point Dallas might not make it.
    After seeing them in the playoffs I assumed I must have misheard because it's hard to imagine they didn't just sale right into a spot.

I think Brad Richards was a great acquisition. He used to get a lot of criticism because of the huge contract her got after the Bolts won the cup in 2004, but he seems to do very well in the post-season.
    He turns it on just when you need him to.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2960427;

I've tried to get playoff tickets to no avail since the playoffs started. Hell or high water, I'm somehow getting my hands on tickets to one of the Western Conference games. I don't care if I have to sell a kidney to a scalper.
    First of all, GO STARS!!!

I was at the Game 4 against the Ducks and the atmosphere at AAC was unbelievable!! It was so loud in there that my ears were still buzzing afterwards. It was great! Because of their tenacity, intensity and persistent play are the reasons why their doing excellent this post season. Keep up the great work, Stars!

My Rangers are cooked. Avery is out for the remainder of the season,
    Watching the game the other night my husband suggested he might not be feeling 100%.
    He looked very pale.
    There were some wild rumours circling around before the full facts were known.
    I heard he was rushed to hospital suffering a cardiac arrest, which the club has denied. He's got a lacerated spleen which he should recover from in the off-season.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Woo! Go Pens! Even the non-hockey fans (like myself) around here are getting excited about hockey now that the Pens are doing so well.
    Wake up and be awesome

Yay! Sweep by my Pasha and his Red Wings! Here's to making Round 3!

Great playoff hockey last night! I'm not pleased with the outcome of the Stars/Sharks game but the Sharks turned it up at the end and deserved the win. Morrow's two recalled goals were critical points in the game. The first one was a crap call, IMO. The puck did go off the back of his skate but there was no distinct kicking motion. Now the second one, I understand. That was a good call; however, if Morrow wasn't cross-checked in the back, he would have had that puck on his stick and in the back of the net.

Game 6 is in Dallas tomorrow. My husband is off trying to get tickets now. Fingers crossed!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2966324;
    Great playoff hockey last night! I'm not pleased with the outcome of the Stars/Sharks game but the Sharks turned it up at the end and deserved the win. Morrow's two recalled goals were critical points in the game. The first one was a crap call, IMO. The puck did go off the back of his skate but there was no distinct kicking motion. Now the second one, I understand. That was a good call; however, if Morrow wasn't cross-checked in the back, he would have had that puck on his stick and in the back of the net.

Game 6 is in Dallas tomorrow. My husband is off trying to get tickets now. Fingers crossed!
    I'm sure Dallas is hoping to finally earn the cup.

+ Reply to Thread