+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2007-2008

Re: Hockey 2007-2008

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2859391;
    This is so true. BUT, he is NOT the one that named his price. He just accepted it!! And I do not blame him one bit.
    It was a case of two gm's trying to prove whose was bigger and Dustin won
    As for Chris...... he is a different guy off the ice.
    Ohhh, PugMum, you can't say Pronger's name in Edmonton without being answered with a string of cuss words. He badmouthed the city after he left and there's lots of hard feelings still floating around. But as far as his suspension goes - I think it was another missed opportunity to send a message to players that have obvious anger management issues. My husband is a rabid Flyers fan, and even he has trouble defending the thug-like crap that's been going on there. Neither of us can fathom how Pronger is slipping away with only 8 games.

I don't blame Dustin Penner one bit either, though I think he's a useless lug. The Oilers aren't "my" team, but I'm happy to support them (as long as they're not playing the Rangers ). Playoffs are still within reach.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Congratulations to the Montreal Canadiens, my home team, for their first position in the East division, third overall. Not so shabby for a team that wasn't even pegged to make it to the playoffs. The first team they play is the Maple Leafs. Mortal ennemies. It should be an easy win. We have won every game out of the 8 we played against them.

Go Habs Go!

The first team they play is the Maple Leafs. Mortal ennemies. It should be an easy win.
    When are you saying they'll play the Leafs? They won't play them in the playoffs because the Leafs failed to make it...AGAIN!!!!!

I was so pleased that the Caps got in and the Canes are out.
    Made my weekend
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2900313;
    I was so pleased that the Caps got in and the Canes are out.
    I had such mixed feelings about this. The Hurricanes are one of my favorite pro teams, but one of my favorite Badgers is drafted by them, and I would have been terrified they would call him up and he would jump. I still have to worry about it once the season begins again, but for now at least, I won't have to worry.

I do have a bit of a thing for Ovechkin, so I guess I'm glad the Capitals made it.

I'm also glad the Caps made it, and extremely pleased that they're playing the Flyers, because I want them to beat the Bullies, badly.

I'm ecstatic my Rangers are in and playing NJ. I think it will be a great series, the best of the first round. Excellent matchup.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2900313;
    When are you saying they'll play the Leafs? They won't play them in the playoffs because the Leafs failed to make it...AGAIN!!!!!
    You are totally right. I meant the Bruins. I have no clue why I wrote the Leafs.

My Uncle's just as thrilled as you DR. He's a huge Candiens fan as well. He's been waiting for this.

*sigh* The Bruins worked so hard to get into the playoffs (overcoming numerous injuries) and get stuck with the worst possible match-up. Everyone had them last or second to last in the Eastern conference, yet they made the playoffs with many important players lost to injury, including my favorite player Bergeron.
    On the bright side, Bergeron has been cleared for full-contact practice. Marc Savard may play in game 1.

Desert Rose, I had no idea you were a habs fan. I guess we're enemies now

Honestly, I'm a bit afraid of the Bruins. They're due for at least one win!
    And in the two recent Habs vs. Bruins series the Bruins were heavily favoured, and the Habs pulled it off both times.

I'm also hopping on the Caps bandwagon. Not because I like a particular player or anything, I just want Philly out early so Kimmo Timonen can make it to the World Championships.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

My bet is on the Sharks vs. Penguins in the final. It should be a good playoff run for all teams.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

+ Reply to Thread