+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The FORT's road to the Final 4 - NCAA hoops

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

The FORT's road to the Final 4 - NCAA hoops

Okay guys, we've got a login to an online bracket tool through CBS Sportsline.

If you're interested in joining the competition, just PM or email me with your email address, and I'll add you to list. You'll get an email with the password and link so you can place your bets.

Paulie and Bill, you guys should have it in your boxes here at the fort since I knew your addresses already.

Also, I didn't weight any of the rounds or do any of the fancy options. It's just straight points. Do you guys want to do weighting?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

My personal preference, as you know, is to weight upsets slightly higher to encourage people to pick lower seeds.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

We can do that Paulie!

How do you guys want to weight them. Right now it is set as the default:

1st round x 1
    2nd round x 1
    3rd round x 1
    4th rount x 1
    Semis x 1
    Finals x 1
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I like Paulie's "upset special" methodology that encourages upsets.

Here it is again:

1st rd: 1 x winning team's seed number
    2nd rd: 3 x winning team's seed number
    3rd rd: 5 x winning team's seed number
    4th rd: 10 x winning team's seed number
    Semis: 15 x winning team's seed number
    Finals: 20 x winning team's seed number
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Hmmm, I'll put the nums in the space, I'm not sure if they value they use to multiply by is the team's seed number or not....

You fill in the X ___ part. But it just says

1st round x ___
    2nd round x ___

So, that might just mean that the first round each correct is worth 1 point, the second round worth 3, etc....

My brain hurts reading this.

So, I am just going to ride the Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis Jaguars all the way to points heaven.

Any university with a cool car as a mascot has to be good right?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Bravo, under the "Weight" column, enter 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, & 20. Under the "Bonus" column, select "Multiply seed".

Paulie, I was just coming in here to say I'm a dork and I didn't look closely enough at that page.

If everyone is in agreement, I'll weight them. We can also do "add" seed instead of "multiply" if we think Multiply is too heavy? I guess if one person has one Cinderella that makes it to the final four they would automatically win the whole thing, right? (if it was multiplied)

And, Bill, your system should work perfectly. When my little boy won the pool, he based all his decisions on which teams had letters he liked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast