+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The FORT's road to the Final 4 - NCAA hoops

Coming to a port near you soon, ladies.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

LG.
    So, I'm sure everyone is dying to know how I did in the office pool. Well, I didn't win, but I did score 69 total points, so even though my final score total of 169 wasn't needed, I still can get my giggles out of my NCAA picks.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Originally posted by Paulie
    K.I. Sawyer Air Force Base. Marquette, Michigan. May 9, 1970.
    wow, just down the road from where I was living at the time (more or less) Did you know they shut KI Sawyer down?
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I did not know that, Nancy! Honestly, it's just a name to me. I don't remember it all, as you can imagine. I will tell my dad, though. Why did they shut it down?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    The results are in!!

Lurking Girl is the winner of the FORT's first annual Road to the Final 4!!

Here are the results of our Top 3!

1 LG 353 points (44 games correct)
    2 SCRUMPOT 265 points (44 games correct)
    3 Nancy 258 points (39 games correct)

Congrats and thanks to everyone for participating. Look forward to next year!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

You didn't include everyone's final ranking, Bravo! I think my specatularly poor showing should be communicated, as well. It's as difficult to do what I did as it was for LG to do what she did.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I will if you want me to Paulie! I was trying to be nice by only posting the top 3.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Paulie- it was shut down during one of the rounds of base closures. I want to say it was closed in the early 1990. (I know it was still open in the mid 80's because we went there to visit some friends stationed there) I'll have to ask my dad, he would recall.

omg, I was 3rd? as lousy as some of my choices were I came in 3rd?
    WOW LG way to rack up the points!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Couldn't have been shut down until at least 1993, as my friend was stationed there until then. I can't remember, but I think it was around '95 it was shut down.

Congrats, LG!

My parents thought it was 1995 or 1996. But they aren't sure, the county airport was moved out there to make use of the runways. Other parts are being used by county services or as start up areas for small businesses.

+ Reply to Thread