+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2007

Baseball 2007

I'm a longtime Mets fan and Red Sox fan. Nice win by the Mets last night.

Schilling was awful today

Baseball is here Im happy
    Last edited by Boston_Bill; 04-02-2007 at 10:08 PM.

I'm happy too. Especially because the Mariners have already equalled last year's win total against the A's: Two.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I haven't been up to Jacob's Field for a couple of years. I've got to make the trip this year as the Indidans aren't looking too bad.
    We have a AAA team here in Columbus that has been a member of the Yankees farm system for years. The Yankees dropped us last year and now we're affiliated with the Washington Nationals. It used to be fun when the Yankees would some someone down for rehab. I don't think it will be quite as entertaining anymore.

I Is Stephanie
    Tell me everyone: was Dice-K's MLB debut as major in the rest of the country as it was here in Boston?

For those of you who don't know:

Daisuke Matsuzaka 18 | P Current Status: Active

Full Name: Daisuke Matsuzaka
    Born: 09/13/1980
    Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
    Height: 6'0" Weight: 185
    Bats: Right
    Throws: Right
    College: N/A
    MLB Debut: ---

He is known as Boston's 100-million dollar man, as he has been signed to get $103 million (before bonuses) over the next 3 years. He came to America from is native Japan to play for the Red Sox, and it is believed that he is one of the best pitchers in the whole MLB.

Statistics in italics from the official Boston Red Sox homepage, The Official Site of The Boston Red Sox: Team: Player Information
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Re: Baseball 2007

Boy was Eric Wedge the Cleveland manager pissed when the M's/Indians game got called one pitch short of being an official game. Given that it was a fricking blizzard most of the game, I'm not sure how they got even that much of a game in.

I've never heard of an entire four game series being wiped out or MLB moving a series to a "neutral" site before:

ESPN.com - MLB - One series snowed out so next Tribe series moved

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2318452;
    Boy was Eric Wedge the Cleveland manager pissed when the M's/Indians game got called one pitch short of being an official game. Given that it was a fricking blizzard most of the game, I'm not sure how they got even that much of a game in.
    I think that was a huge debacle in umpiring. I think that Hargrove did have a valid argument to make that the batter could not see the ball, and could not hit a ball he couldn't see. However, if the conditions warranted calling the game because of that, then the umpire should have called it several pitches before that -- when the conditons were that bad. Nothing changed between the last pitch called and the moment the game was called.

All that said, the way they schedule baseball in Cleveland is a joke. Several years ago, after some horrible home opener weather, it was decided that Cleveland would not open the season at home - they'd always open on the road so that they had more time for good weather to come along before the home opener. Ever since that decision was made, we have BEAUTIFUL weather the week that baseball opens, and it gets cold and ugly the week that they open at home. Granted, it's usually not the second heaviest snowfall of the season - but it just proves that you can't negotiate with nor predict mother nature in Cleveland in April!

I seem to recall that the "northern" teams used to start on the road at "southern" teams. This year Detroit started at home with 3 games over 4 days. One was postponed until September!!! Now they are on a 10 day road trip. Why not start with the 10 day road trip and then come home?

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2317128;
    Tell me everyone: was Dice-K's MLB debut as major in the rest of the country as it was here in Boston?

For those of you who don't know:

Daisuke Matsuzaka 18 | P Current Status: Active

Full Name: Daisuke Matsuzaka
    Born: 09/13/1980
    Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
    Height: 6'0" Weight: 185
    Bats: Right
    Throws: Right
    College: N/A
    MLB Debut: ---

He is known as Boston's 100-million dollar man, as he has been signed to get $103 million (before bonuses) over the next 3 years. He came to America from is native Japan to play for the Red Sox, and it is believed that he is one of the best pitchers in the whole MLB.

Statistics in italics from the official Boston Red Sox homepage, The Official Site of The Boston Red Sox: Team: Player Information
    No Stephanie probably not to answer your question.
    I hope this guy can stand up to his nickname.......time will tell.

I love my Red Sox. I'm going to the first Yankees Red Sox game the only way to see a Red Sox Yankees game. Right in Fenway...love it

FORT Fan

For Real!!
    The snow here was PITIFUL!! They ended up donating all that unused food to the Cleveland local foodbanks....I can't believe as many people went as they did! Someone in our office was giving away 4 free tickets to the game that was supposed to be on Easter...no takers...No kidding!! And more snow tonight....aka: "the poor man's fertilizer"!!
    I LOVE BASEBALL....but not in April on the North Coast!!
    I sure hope I get to take my Dad (84) to see the Indians play again this year! I like that they have wheelchairs near the entrances. Dads need to go to watch ball live and in person.
    I also aim to hit me up some games at Camden Yards this year as well! That is such a beautiful park! ....and I still love me some Cal Ripken...yes....even still!! (Cal is HOT!) I'm glad I got to see him play there during his last season. My daughter's father-in-law has SWEET seats!!...for the Orioles I mean!! Jeez!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast