+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2007

Re: Baseball 2007

I'm rooting for Colorado as well.

Sorry but I have to root for my home team! WOO-HOO!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I am jumping firmly on the Rockies' bandwagon. They are the regional team and therefore I must cheer for them.
    I will jump back off as soon as the Series is over, regardless of the outcome.
    Plus, I have to cheer for Todd Helton. Much like John Elway, he deserves a shot at a championship.
    Also, C'mon. 20 out of 21 and undefeated in the post season is pretty darn impressive, I don't care who you are.
    Go Rockies!!

The kids from Pawtucket really made the season for me this year. I'm so proud of Pedroia (AL Rookie of the Year!), and he just opened the game with a homerun. Jacoby Ellsbury is the other one to keep an eye on.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Congrats to the Red Sox for the win on Game #1

BTW, I missed the very beginning...who sung the National Anthem? I know Carrie Underwood is singing it in Game #3........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2628702;
    Congrats to the Red Sox for the win on Game #1

BTW, I missed the very beginning...who sung the National Anthem? I know Carrie Underwood is singing it in Game #3........
    It was John Williams(composer of the Star Wars Theme) leading the Boston Pops......Ashanti did God Bless America........

Yes Brooks the kids came up big........The Sox ARE a club that does it the right way bringing kids up through the system!
    Last edited by bewty; 10-25-2007 at 03:20 AM.

John Williams did his own arrangement of the national anthem. A little bizarre.

Yaz threw out the first pitch. He was part of a 40th anniversary gathering of the 1967 Impossible Dream Team - the year that started Redsox Nation.

I remember being at Yaz's retirement game. It was the most memorable event of a child's life. They brought a car out on the field for him and everything. Very very cool.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

OH, how I wishTim Wakefield could have pitched in the world series. I have the deepest rerspect for him, alwys have. And now to voluntarily remove himself from the WS pitching line up must have been killing him inside. It's easy to play the macho guy and say you're going to pitch through the pain...but at what cost to the team and the fans? It takes selflessness to make the decison he did. He's always been the guy who does whats best for the team, without complaint- and sometimes he's had to perform thankless tasks, but always he's conducted himself with grace, class and dignity.
    Anyhow, my heart wil always belong to the sox, god know sthey broke it enough times that is hould have leftt hem-but 2004 was almost dream like ,a nd i stil can't believe it 3 years later...and now a chance at a second world series ring -think of the Red Sox fans who were born lived and died within an 86 year span without ever seing a world series win...all of that collective suffering, like some endless greek trajedy. And now, we may see two world series wins in our lifetimes, within a three year span. It's good to be alive right now in new england!
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;2630616;
    It's good to be alive right now in new england!
    It sure is red sox girl. Wake has always been a class act and a true dirt dog. Red Sox Nation was on fire tonight, would have loved to have been there

+ Reply to Thread