+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2007

Re: Baseball 2007

I thought this was a little funny.

LeBron Got a new Hat

CHINA -- A funny thing happened on the way to China.
    LeBron forgot his Yankees hat.

The Cavs are playing a couple of pre-season games in Shanghai and King James was spotted with an Indians cap on his head.

He took a lot of heat for showing up to Jacobs Field wearing a Yankees hat during the divisional series against New York, but now he seems to have been converted.
    Link Here

I think some of the Indians players should show up at the Cavs 1st game wearing hats from whoever they play. To heck with LeBron.
    Another stellar performance from Byrd tonight and the Indians bullpen. Tribe wins 7-3 and take the series lead 3-1!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2615952;
    I think some of the Indians players should show up at the Cavs 1st game wearing hats from whoever they play. To heck with LeBron.
    Another stellar performance from Byrd tonight and the Indians bullpen. Tribe wins 7-3 and take the series lead 3-1!
    Hmmm....Good idea!!

OMG!!

Just awesome game tonight! Good game Tribe!!!

I'm glad to see Manny is all fired up for tonight's game.
    Ramirez: Elimination from ALCS not 'end of the world' for Boston - MLB - Yahoo! Sports
    "We're not going to give up," Ramirez said. "It doesn't happen, so who cares? There's always next year. It's not like it's the end of the world."

Hopefully the weather won't get in the way of tonight's game!!! Go Indians!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2618381;
    Hopefully the weather won't get in the way of tonight's game!!! Go Indians!!!
    From what I am hearing, Channel 5 News is saying just partly cloudy and no rain until late tonight.

GO TRIBE!!!!!!

Torre didn't want to take a pay cut. I don't blame him. Joe Torre is a great manager and hopefully will land somewhere to come back and haunt George Steinbrenner.
    Torre Turns Down Yankees Offer - Bats - Baseball - New York Times Blog
    October 18, 2007, 3:40 pm
    Torre Turns Down Yankees Offer

By Tyler Kepner

The Yankees offered Manager Joe Torre a one-year deal with a base salary of $5 million and the chance to make another $3 million in performance bonuses. But after 12 years and 12 postseason appearances (including four World Series titles), Torre turned it down.

“We respect his decision. We appreciate everything he’s done. But it is now time for the New York Yankees to move forward, and we will be doing it very quickly,” team President Randy Levine said.

General Manager Brian Cashman said that Torre’s successor has not been named, nor have potential candidates been formally identified. “I can promise you that the process is going to take some time,” Cashman said. “I ask for everyone’s patience as we review the individuals and make recommendations to ownership.”

Under the deal he was offered, Torre would have received a $1 million bonus for reaching the playoffs, another $1 million for reaching the American League Championship Series and $1 million if the team made the World Series. If he did lead the Yankees to the World Series in 2008, there would have been an $8 million option for the 2009 season.

Torre flew to Tampa earlier today and meet with Yankees officials at Legends Field, a day after George Steinbrenner, his sons and other Yankees executives held two days of meetings about the manager’s future.

Torre arrived at Legends at around 1:30 p.m. Eastern time. The meeting lasted a little more than an hour. Torre left the complex .

All of the higher-ups were present at Legends, including principal owner George Steinbrenner and his sons, Hank and Hal; President Randy Levine; General Manager Brian Cashman; and Chief Operating Officer Lonn Trost.

Cashman and Trost, who had left Tampa yesterday, apparently flew right back with Torre.
    On a side note:
    GO TRIBE!

Bottom of the 7th people and I am biting my nails people!! This is the most nerve racking game yet!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

C'mon Red Sox........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Things aren't looking good for the Tribe.

+ Reply to Thread