+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Thread --- NHL Trade day!!!!!!!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    It's time for my long, rambling, pre-trade deadline rant, possibly interesting to no one but me.

Nolan a Leaf. And even with Marchment already an Av, Michel Goulet (vp of player personnel for the Avs) was watching the Sharks-Stars game on Sunday. Damphousse and/or Selanne have probably played their last game for the Sharks. My guess is that they keep Ricci and Thornton, but deal Vinne and Teemu. Kiprusoff started 3 of the last 4 games before the deadline; sounds like showcasing for a trade to me. And they load up on young, cheap players, then do nothing this off season getting ready for the change in the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Which means they will suck next year. It's no wonder that the friend I shared my season tickets with since 1991 sent me an email this weekend to let me know she won't be renewing next year.

Look at the Sharks injuries of late:
    - Fahey was out witha concussion.
    - Stuart has missed 5 games since Shelly's 3-gloved punches to the face; he's still concussed.
    - Thornton has a concussion.
    - McGillis missed yesterday's game after a concussion he got from Andre Nazarov on Saturday. At least Nazty got a match penalty.

ESPN has a ranking of all the teams in the NHL and how many points they have per millions of dollars spent on payroll. The Sharks payroll is $47.9 miilion, which is less than a number of teams. But in pts per million, they are ahead of only the Rangers. No wonder they're breaking up the squad. Augh!
    The Sharks have had SEVEN players make their NHL debut this year. Fortunately, some of them have looked pretty promising:

RW Nikko Dimitrakos: Age 23. 5'11", 190lbs. His 4 goals and 4 assists in 10 games with the Sharks look nice - until you see his -7 +/-. Still, a lot of that can be attributed to the Sharks being so thin on defense since he came up. And the fact that they suck. I've watched him play most of those 10 games; he's got decent speed, a good burst, and he seems to find the puck around the net. I like him.

D Jim Fahey: Age 23, 6', 205lb. 1 goal and 14 assists in 28 games. He's really turned it on of late: 13 pts in 19 games and 7 in his last 4 games, and for a team that loses as much as the Sharks have, his +7 +/- rating is very nice.

I also like what Alyn McCauley said after joining the team; that his offensive abilities had been held back in Toronto because he'd been on the 4th line and they weren't asked to do much offensively, but that wasn't going to be the case with the Sharks. I hope he lives up to the potential you Leaf fans think he has.

I've lived through a lot of disappointing years with the Sharks, but this one is the worst. This is the first time they were really picked as a contender for the cup, and they've had a horrible season. It's just sad to watch.

Wayner, as much as I hate losing McAuley, I'm glad that the Sharks have him. Mostly because he is a good person, a good player and it's a team where he may be able to grow and make use of him.

Tucker may just stay in Edmonton when they play there. They want him, and the the Leafs want Janne Niinimaa . He's a local boy and that always plays well in Oilertown. As for Tucker, he says he is content to stay where he is, except if the Oilers come calling.Throw in Lumme - please.
    Don't forget Hoglund. PLEASE SOMEONE! ANYONE! TAKE HOGLUND!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

DONT TRY TO GIVE ME HOGLUND, YOU EVIL FUCKS!

Also, Shut up Wayner.

So Rob Ray is now a senator.

Dougie is now a Star, pending some contract issues.

Zhamnov was arrested and charged with DUI.

Stars also got Stu Barnes and Lyle Odelein .

Devils got Grant Marshall and Richard Smehlik.

Any trade involving Ninniima would be stoopid. Same thing with a trade involving Anson Carter or Georges Laraque. Though, this is the organization that traded Wayne Gretzky, so...

eny
    FORT Fogey
    FORT HOCKEY TRADE EXCLUSIVE

The real reason that Dougie is going to the Stars is that Dougie and Kirk promised each other way back when......

[IMG]images/stor/kirk.gif[/IMG][IMG]images/stor/dougie.gif[/IMG]

That they would end their career together . Don't be surprised to see Muller retire too.

True story .

Take Hoglund please...
    Um Hoglund for Carter

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The Kings have locked up Miller, so it appears he's staying put anyway. Go Kings! Hope Mannys not in Net. ( I never ever tire of the Cujo jokes, I've sat through the last four years of his )

For those who have to know TSN.ca has a real time trade tracker that will run on your screen all day tommorow.

Why didn't Almonte just sign with Philly in the first place?If they get rock solid goaltending, they are a force.
    The worst news is, at the Rangers game the other night , they looked dangerously like a hockey team.If Sather can get that crew firing on all cylinders, sit Mr Depends on the bench, they are a threat.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Too bad Manny was in nets Zaius, otherwise it would have been smooth sailing.

Janne Niinimaa stopped in front of the Maple Leafs dressing room yesterday, then turned to several nearby reporters.

"Which room do I go in, Edmonton's or this one?" he said jokingly. I think he's pulling their chain.

Special trade coverage today.

Would anyone be interested in taking Hoglund for an equipment manager?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Actually, the Sharks don't want to part with their equipment manager, Miss F; they have him for the league minimum.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Latest ...

to San Jose: Wayne Primeau
    to the Pens: Matt Bradley

to Det. Mathieu Schneider
    to LA Maxim Kuznetsov Sean Avery 1st round pick in 2003 2nd round pick in 2004

And the Avs picked up Bates Battaglia from the 'Canes for Radim Vrbata as well.

What's the Duck think of this one?

As for the Bradley deal - whatever. We traded a guy with a broken wrist for a guy that's -30 on the season. Yawn.

I'm not happy about the Wings getting Schneider; that makes them a better team.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast