+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Thread --- NHL Trade day!!!!!!!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Exactly, whats it going to prove by not letting him play? Poor Flames can't catch a break .

I feel bad for McAmmond too.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by Zaius
    Ugh, Schneider is such a guaranteed great player though. Kings got Avery + 2 draft picks for the guy. I think I might give the Kings up. They're full of "almost!" for 2 years, going to game 7's with the Avs and the Wings, and then they don't make the playoffs this year, and decide to give away their best players. Now, Palffy will be left stranded and start choking I can see it. What a f****** frustrating team.
    Uh-oh, sorry Zaius, but it's time for a Wayner rant.

Zaius, if all the teams that were full of "almost" had fans that gave up on them, then only the Avs, Wings, Stars, and Devils would have any fans left, because nobody else has won a cup in a long, long time.

Before the Rangers won the cup in the 90's, they hadn't won since 1940 for heaven's sake. That's right - before WWII - and back then there were only 6 teams! Now there are plenty of teams that have never won a cup.

I was at the first preseason game in Sharks team history, I still have my pin from their first regular season game, and the towel from their first playoff series, when they upset the Wings. I went to 35+ Sharks games a year for 7 years before I moved away. Since then I've watched 60+ games a year on TV, and until about 3 years ago, I never saw a .500 season, let alone a cup. This year they were predicted by many to win it all, and instead find themselves in the basement. Yet next Wednesday I'll be sitting in the Pepsi Center as their undermanned, rookie-laden squad tries to come to town and beat the mighty Avalanche. And I'll be wearing my Sharks sweater with pride and laughing off the abuse the locals try to heap on me. And if the Sharks lose I'll take even more abuse from all my coworkers on Thursday than I take on a usual day. And I'll smile, and laugh it off, knowing all the while that the Av "fans" have never had to endure hardship, they've never even had a losing season. And I know that if they did, half of the locals would abandon their team the way you are considering abandoning your Kings.

I'm passionate about my hockey, and I always will be, no matter how high the Sharks climb or how low they fall. I may criticize the front office. I may yell at the ownership. But I'll never give up on the team. I'll never quit cheering for San Jose. Because I'm a Sharks fan. Yesterday. Today. And forever.

Okay, rant over now.

I know when you've settled down, you won't give up on your Kings. Besides, if you do, then you have to turn in your NHL Fan card to Ducky.

uh, Wayner... you have washed that Sharks sweater recently haven't you?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

You never give up at your team! You just plot ways to get Wayner to whack Patrick upside the head, yell "Start playing like a goalie, Sieve-Boy!" and then quickly leave before he kills him. Just because your team makes bad trades you never quit. The Oilers are still selling out and they hold the record for worst trade ever. Gretzky for... noone. Great trade! Not. Trades are a fact of hockey, and quite often they suck for one team and rule for the other.

In all the years I've stayed with the Kings, I've had plenty of opportunites to quit on them. Do you remember the Kings' first few post-Gretzky years? Heck even when Gretzky was here the couple last years the Kings were just HORRIBLE. I've stayed with them through worse. I said I though I might give them up, too. I didn't actually say I would
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

eny
    FORT Fogey
    You've all got it bad.

Yet next Wednesday I'll be sitting in the Pepsi Center as their undermanned, rookie-laden squad tries to come to town and beat the mighty Avalanche.
    Wave hi to Alyn for Fluff and I. . Yes trades are a way of life.
    and sometimes they make no sense at all. ( tell me again why you traded Dougie G away the first time)

Leaf fans are pretty sad too . 35 yrs, no cup and every single year is THE year.I grew up watching hockey games the same way Wayner and Ducky (and I) are brainwashing the young minds in our houses today. It's almost like a curse for me. If they won, then I could finally cheer for the Sens. Bandwagon , that would be easy since the Sens block me out from Leaf games.
    I feel your pain Wayner. And Zauis , every single year I'm going to give them up- till training camp comes , and you see those smiling faces- then you forget how much they sucked last year. It's kind of like childbirth. Once the season starts again , you forget the pain of the last one.

You can cheer for the Sens too. No rule against it.

Apart from the one of you cant be a Leafs fan AND a Sens fan, like the Avs/Wings one.

Speaking of which I get the Avs/Wings game tomorrow!

Well said, Enygma
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Been there done that

I always have to cheer for the Fort favs except if they play the Leafs.For example I never thought about the Sharks til Wayner came here, except they had a cool mascot. Now if they are are playing I cheer for them.So I guess we will have to start cheering for the the Kings Z ...

I hope Bates gets a nice goal on Cuho, any time they meet its great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast