+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Superbowl XLI

Superbowl XLI

So who do you want to win Superbowl XLI?
    What do you have planned for Superbowl Sunday?

Tell us who you want to win & why...
    Tell us what your plans are for this day and share any other information you wish pertaining to Superbowl Sunday.

My Panthers aren't in it..
    I really like both teams about the same. I would be pulling for "Da Bears" just slightly over the Colts, but I'm gonna cheer for the Colts because I love Ricky Proehl and would love to see his team win, especially since he says this is probably his last year playing and because the Panthers were idiots to let him go. :nono
    Ricky lives 5 mins from me!
    Greensboro rocks some serious talent!

Other important info...

Be on the lookout for the "Alka Seltzer" commercial between 12 noon & 1:00 pm est.
    http://plopplopfizzfizz.com/chekout_winners.html
    Josh Anderson from 1075KZL won the jingle contest.
    He's the Co-Host at 1075KZL, my local Top 40 radio station here in Greensboro & we are so very proud of him!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Prince Headlines Super Halftime Show

Thu Feb 01, 9:06 PM ET

Prince barely spoke, and still stole the show. It was billed as a news conference about the Super Bowl entertainment lineup, featuring pregame performers Cirque du Soleil, national anthem singer Billy Joel and Prince, the halftime-show headliner.

Typically, these events have been question-and-answer sessions.

Then again, there's little that's typical about Prince, the enigmatic six-time Grammy winner who once changed his name to an unpronounceable symbol and was best-known for racy lyrics and gyrations before toning his act down considerably in recent years.

"We are not taking questions at the end," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told a room packed with reporters and photographers, trying to give fair warning about a minute before Prince arrived, "but we think the trade-off will be pretty good."

The trade-off was a 10-minute concert with Prince and his 10-person entourage using that as their taste of what's coming at halftime on Sunday night.

His jacket, shirt, pants and shoes were orange surprising since he is, after all, known as "The Purple One." Shielded from view moments before taking the stage, Prince came out, took a deep breath, grabbed his guitar and sauntered to the microphone.

"Thank you," he said, after finishing the quick set. "See you at the Super Bowl. Peace."

Then he was gone.

"I think he's brilliant," Joel said. "He's one of the most talented people in the industry today."

A six-time Grammy winner, Joel will become the first two-time performer of the national anthem in Super Bowl history. He also sang it before the 1989 game in Miami.

Sunday's game entertainment opens with Cirque du Soleil touted as "a high-energy extravaganza of music, dance, gymnastics and circus arts" pairing with well-known Miami artist, Romero Britto, for a pregame show. Grammy winner Louie Vega will provide an original musical score for the show.

Some Cirque performers were present. They were dressed as football referees and sat atop eight-foot flamingo puppets who pranced around the room.

His Purple Highness

To heck with football....I'm there for Prince and the commercials....!

But just for you football fans...

VS.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Ah, football! We're going to our daughter's house for pizza, shrimp and beer to watch the game (and the commercials). mr. gracie and my middle child are both real Bears fanatics, so you know who the group will be rooting for. I really don't care who wins except for the fact that I'm really sick of hearing about how good Manning is and what a dynasty the Mannings are. Peyton is the only one to make it this far and his father played for New Orleans of the paper bag fame. I don't understand the hype around them.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I admit I'm a Superbowl commercial watcher but I also like to watch the half-time show too

My team pick is Chicago but no real reason why. I do watch some of the game but I still don't know the rules

By the way, what time is kick-off? (EST)
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2227600;
    I admit I'm a Superbowl commercial watcher but I also like to watch the half-time show too

My team pick is Chicago but no real reason why. I do watch some of the game but I still don't know the rules

By the way, what time is kick-off? (EST)
    As you can guess I am picking for the Indianapolis Colts. ACF, the game starts at 6:30 on CBS.

I'm rooting for Chicago, but only because I'd be run out of town on a rail if I said otherwise. Honestly, I don't even really care. Until the day the Bills get back into a Super Bowl (and inevitably lose it AGAIN), I'm very meh on the whole thing.

Leo
    Premium Member
    This has nothing to do with the game, but with the coverage. The game is well over six hours away, but ESPN has already begun the pre-game show. Huh?

I have a reason to root for the Bears now. My local paper has an article on a local player who went to the college my son is going to and he's on the Bears team.

Thanks Cornedbeef for the start time.

I take it by the late start of this thread and the few who have posted, that football ranks lower than other sports among Fort sports posters
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2228873;
    I take it by the late start of this thread and the few who have posted, that football ranks lower than other sports among Fort sports posters
    Or, people just don't care about these two teams

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2228880;
    Or, people just don't care about these two teams
    I'd agree with that statement.

I feel so blah about this year. The wicked side of me hopes Peyton won't get his ring. I don't have anything against him- I just want to enjoy another year of sports radio polling if he'll ever win the big one.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast