+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Sports News

He's not, rt1ky... but he does do promo appearances.

femmefatale, I completely understand your point. I'd rather people just be up front and honest about their feelings... it seems much better to know where he stands instead of having to guess.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2242182;
    I wasn't even aware Tim Hardaway was still playing in the NBA.

Eurosport
    Rt1ky, he isn't playing in the NBA anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2240902;
    Beyonce on the cover of S.I's swimsuit issue makes me want to.
    As much as I dislike her, and I do immensely, I have to say she actually looks good on the cover. Air-brushed within an inch of her life, but the cover is worth it. That being said, no more exposure for her.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I thought I was getting confused. I thought Tim Hardaway would be a little old to be playing these days.
    Thanks.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Link Here

Exes Tom Brady, Bridget Moynahan Expecting Child
    SUNDAY FEBRUARY 18, 2007 12:00 PM EST

Though they split up last year, actress Bridget Moynahan and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady are expecting a baby together, Moynahan's rep confirmed to PEOPLE.

The pregnancy was first reported by the New York Post columnist Liz Smith. Moynahan, 35, who is over three months pregnant, is said to be "healthy and excited," the paper reports.

This will be the first child for both Moynahan and Brady. A rep for the New England Patriots had no comment.

The actress, a former model who starred in the ABC drama Six Degrees, and the Patriots star quarterback, ended their three-year relationship at the end of last year.

Since then, Brady, 29, has been romancing Brazilian-born supermodel Gisele Bundchen, 26. The new couple, who a source told PEOPLE started dating just before Christmas, are in Paris over the weekend.

The pair caught the Academie du Spectacle Equestrian horse show at Versailles on Saturday before having dinner at the Café de la Paix, reportedly Bundchen's favorite restaurant in the City of Light .
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

News-Record.com - Greensboro, North Carolina: Sports: North Carolina's mascot remains in critical condition after accident

Monday, March 26, 2007
    North Carolina's mascot remains in critical condition after accident
    The Associated Press

HACKENSACK, N.J. -- More than two dozen of Jason Ray's family and close friends were at his hospital bedside Sunday, holding a vigil as the University of North Carolina mascot lay gravely injured after being hit by an SUV.

The 21-year-old senior remained on life support and in extremely critical condition Sunday, days after he was run down near his hotel in Fort Lee. The UNC mascot had run out to get a snack Friday afternoon, and was walking back to his hotel along Route 4 when he was struck from behind by an SUV. The driver stopped immediately to call 911. No charges have been filed.

Ray's top-seeded Tar Heels were facing Georgetown Sunday for a spot in the coveted Final Four. It was to be Ray's chance to entertain his biggest crowd ever.

"I never knew a kid who was more full of life... We have not given up hope," said Jodi Stewart, a neighbor of the Ray family.

Stewart said about 30 of Ray's family and friends were at Hackensack University Medical Center Sunday, including his parents, Emmitt and Charlotte Ray, two brothers, and five high school friends who lived with Ray in Chapel Hill, N.C.

Stewart said the Rays had Jason when they were in their 40s, and devoted a lot of time to their son.

"They cherish this boy. You cannot put into words what this child means to them," she said. "Jason is their life. They live their life for him."

Ray's dad told The Star-Ledger that his son "absolutely loved" dressing up as Rameses, despite the costume's bulk. "It was his way of supporting the team."

At 6-foot-5, Jason Ray was such a commanding presence that when UNC Coach Roy Williams first met him in the campus gym, he wondered aloud why Ray wasn't on his team.

"I'm too slow and I can't jump," Jason told Williams. "But I can be of assistance in other ways, coach."

UNC Mascot Dies

Bloomberg.com: North American

North Carolina Student Mascot, Hit by Vehicle, Dies (Update2)
    By Mason Levinson

March 26 (Bloomberg) -- The University of North Carolina's student mascot died of injuries he sustained when he was struck by a motor vehicle in New Jersey before a college basketball tournament game three days ago.

Jason Ray, a 21-year-old senior from Concord, North Carolina, was pronounced dead at 8:38 a.m. at Hackensack University Medical Center, hospital spokeswoman Theresa Alaimo said in a telephone interview.

Ray, a member of the cheerleading squad, was the school's mascot, Rameses the Ram, for the past three years. He supported a number of the Tar Heels' sports teams.

``He may have performed in the anonymity that comes with playing the mascot, but his life has had an overt and lasting impact on the people whose lives he touched,'' UNC Athletic Director Dick Baddour said in a statement.

Ray was hit by a sport-utility vehicle while walking outside a hotel in Fort Lee, New Jersey, hours before the Tar Heels' victory over Southern California in East Rutherford, New Jersey, in the National Collegiate Athletic Association tournament. The Tar Heels lost yesterday to Georgetown in the East Regional final.

Ray was majoring in business administration with a concentration in marketing, while working toward a minor in religious studies.

To contact the reporter on this story: Mason Levinson in New York at mlevinson@bloomberg.net .

Last Updated: March 26, 2007 15:42 EDT

Oh I am so sorry to read about this....I had heard about him being hit but I didn't realize he had passed away.

Bless his family during this extremely difficult time........

RIP Jason Ray

Re: Miscellaneous Sports News

OUCH! I had to post this picture...

Running with the bulls....craziest damn thing...WHO would want to do that???

Link Here

Pay close attention to the picture........Great catch by the photographer!

Michael Lenahan, 23, of Philadelphia, Pa. is gored in the leg by a fighting bull during a traditional bull run in Pamplona, Spain, Thursday July 12, 2007. Two American brothers were gored Thursday during the longest and bloodiest morning bull run at the San Fermin festival in the northeastern city of Pamplona. Lawrence Lenahan, 26, of Hermosa Beach, Calif. and Michael Lenahan, 23, of Philadelphia, Pa. were gored by a bull who strayed from the pack, turned around and ran the wrong way. The older brother suffered a eight-inch (20-centimeter) goring in the left buttock after a dangerous sharp right turn in the course Lenahan described as a 'dead man's curve.' The younger brother was injured shortly before the bull ring, the end point of the daily runs, after the bulls horn entered beneath his skin in his right shin.

Here's a picture of the brother....

Re: Miscellaneous Sports News

I can't help but think of Robert Barone, reading about the goring in the left buttock.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast