+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: NASCAR News 2007

Re: NASCAR News 2007

Here's a couple pics of Jeff & Ingrid Gordon's beautiful daughter "Ella Sofia!"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, she has all the breaks in the parent looks department - but still, she's a cutie pie!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I have a feeling Jeff Gordon will win the title this year, he's been so consistent.

He certainly has been consistent, he hasn't missed the Top 10 yet. Still, the Chase itself is a whole new ballgame. But, it sure does look good for him, so far, at least.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Terrible news:

ESPN - Plane registered to NASCAR's first family crashes - Nascar

Five killed as Cessna crashes into Florida homes
    ESPN.com news services

Updated: July 10, 2007, 12:16 PM ET

SANFORD, Fla. -- A small plane registered to the late chairman of NASCAR crashed into a suburban Orlando neighborhood Tuesday after attempting to make an emergency landing, killing both people aboard, three on the ground and starting two house fires that seriously burned two adults and a 10-year-old boy, authorities said.

Matt Minnetto, a fire investigator with the Sanford Fire Department, said two people aboard the plane were confirmed dead in the crash and the plane itself was scattered in several pieces. At least three people were injured in one of the homes, including a boy who had burns over 80 to 90 percent of his body, Minnetto said.

The identities of the dead were not immediately released, but the Daytona Beach News-Journal reported on its Web site that Dr. Bruce Kennedy, husband of International Speedway Corp. official Lesa France Kennedy, was among those killed.

A NASCAR spokesman in Charlotte, N.C., said the public relations staff was "in the information-gathering stage" but he had no further details.

Competitor Liaison is registered under the name of William C. France, the late chairman of NASCAR, according to online records from the Department of State Division of Corporations show. His brother, James C. France, is listed as an officer of the company, and children Lesa France Kennedy and Brian France are listed as vice presidents.

Both homes were largely gutted by the flames, and smoke could be seen rising from the neighborhood where the plane went down around 8:40 a.m., authorities said.

The other home was believed to have been empty, but there were questions about whether another member of the injured family, a toddler, might be missing, Minnetto said. He said authorities hadn't yet determined if the other child was at the home at the time.

The plane was traveling from Daytona Beach to Lakeland when the pilot declared smoke in the cockpit. The pilot was attempting to land at the Orlando Sanford International Airport when the plane crashed about a mile or two north of the airport, Bergen said.

A message left with an airport spokeswoman was not immediately returned.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
    I cater to the Regs!

This may be one of Jeff Gordon's best seasons of his career, now that I think about it.

I don't mean to be mean, but I think Dale Earnhardt Jr. is just really overrated.

It's things such as this that make me say Kyle Busch is a punk.
    Jayski's® Silly Season Site - Team Pages - #5
    Kyle Busch Still Frustrated with Teammates: A week ago at Daytona, lame-duck Hendrick Motorsports driver #5-Kyle Busch complained his teammates weren’t doing enough to help him win. Friday at Chicagoland Speedway, Busch made it clear he won’t be doing anything for them in the future, either. "I'm not helping anybody but myself and this team for winning races," Busch said. "And I'm not helping Jeff Gordon. I'm not helping Jimmie Johnson or Casey Mears. They are able to go back and see what I run and that kind of stuff. But for me, it's just to go out there and to try to win races and keep winning with my name." Busch said that ever since last month’s announcement that he would be replaced next year by #8-Dale Earnhardt, Jr., he has felt ostracized from the team. Asked if he was concerned about how this could hurt his reputation with fans, Busch said, "My perception has been horrible since I came into this sport, so it doesn't really even matter any more."(SPEEDtv.com)(7-15-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2470303;
    I don't mean to be mean, but I think Dale Earnhardt Jr. is just really overrated.
    I don't think that is his fault. I think a lot of people and media have built him up to be like his dad. He did a good job this past Sunday in handling that car of his that lost its power steering.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Yeah, he's not bad but he's not near as good as his dad was.

+ Reply to Thread