+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: BCS Championship

FORT Fogey
    Re voting for Florida over OSU. I won't take anything away from Florida. They had a great season and dominated in some key games. That said, if Florida had a great season, then OSU had a supercalifragilisticexpialidoc ious season. As has been mentioned, they were the only undefeated team. They've got a quarterback that has to be a shoo-in for the Heisman. (the way that he'd get himself out of very troublesome situations not just by not being sacked, but by throwing a touchdown pass time and time again was simply amazing). They were rated #1 before the season started, and maintained that ranking for a full season. The covered the spread in every single game they played all season long. (did they cover against Michigan? I THINK they did, but that may have been the only one they didn't.) With a head coach that does NOT believe in running up the score, they won many games by LARGE margins. Their offense was basically in a position of having to say "Well we're at the end of the field. If you won't stop us, I guess we have to score again". They lost all their starting linebackers last year, and with a new crew this year, they did not miss a beat.

Don't get me wrong. I believe that Florida is a darn good team, and will give OSU a good game on Jan 8. I think that Michigan would have given them a good game too. But I acknowledge all of that without discounting the sheer dominance of the Buckeyes as the rightful owner of the #1 votes.

Did they cover against Michigan? I THINK they did, but that may have been the only one they didn't.
    As of the Thursday before the game, Ohio State was favored by 6-1/2.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fogey
    So the streak finally ended. Oh well. Thanks Newfherder!

You jumped in too quickly I was going to edit my post to comment on our linebackers. James Laurinaitis, a sophmore linebacker, picked up the Bronko Nagurski Award as the best defensive player of the year.

http://www.buckeyextra.com/?story=dispatch/2006/12/05/20061205-E1-01.html
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I think they got it right this year, Florida versus Ohio St. Florida had a way tougher schedule than Michigan.

[QUOTE=Newfherder;2167023;]Really? I root for Michigan all the time, except when they play Ohio State and Wisconsin. I hope they hope they grab USC by the facemask and kick them in the . . . shins.

The only 2 teams I thought coud beat USC were UCLA (when those 2 play records don't matter) and Ohio State. There is not a chance that Michigan is going to beat SC when Pete Carroll has a month to prepare for them.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

[QUOTE=Tigerusty;2178722;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2167023;
    Really? I root for Michigan all the time, except when they play Ohio State and Wisconsin. I hope they hope they grab USC by the facemask and kick them in the . . . shins.

The only 2 teams I thought coud beat USC were UCLA (when those 2 play records don't matter) and Ohio State. There is not a chance that Michigan is going to beat SC when Pete Carroll has a month to prepare for them.
    I think Michigan will beat USC, Michigans got Mike Hart and I just think Michigan is the better team and will come through with the victory.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2169913;
    I think they got it right this year, Florida versus Ohio St. Florida had a way tougher schedule than Michigan.
    Thank you Jonsonator. I don't feel so alone now on this thread!!!!!

And you're right, Florida has a TOUGH schedule. I'd like to see some of the other top 5 teams play the games we we had to play this year and see if their win/loss record would have stayed the same.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Did Florida beat TWO second-ranked teams?
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I think Sports Illustrated said it best.

+ Reply to Thread